on 5 November 2011
If you've looked for Reversing Sensors on Amazon you will have by now realised that this item is sold by various retailers under different names and at different prices.

As I don't care about packaging, the basic plain brown box it arrived in wasn't a problem, more importantly it was all there and undamaged but the instructions that come with the kit are in some langauge I don't understand, I think total Gibberish is the best way to describe it. To be fair don't worry too much about that, the measurements are there and it's really obvious where everything goes.

Once fitted, and of course how difficult that will be will depend on your car, it all worked brilliantly. The little display panel gives an audible warning as well as a visual distance display.

Two tips if you do buy this, or one from another seller, make sure you put the sensors in the right way up, look on the back of the sensor and the clue to help you is the word 'up'. The other thing I did was to solder the trigger lead into my light cluster onto the reverse light feed and the common earth. Much safer, much tidier.
on 14 September 2013
it came and arrived on Friday. Saturday being warm and dry and a day off for me whilst my better half goes to work I set to with a bit of an enthusiasm but also a total fear of those holes in the bumper. They are very permanent and need to be evenly spaced and level ad centered. I measured three times and did that bit last.

I started by trying to work out how on earth to get the clustered rear light unit off my Toyota. Its lucky I have a degree because it was the most complex bit of twisting and squeezing and getting something square through a hole 90% of the size. This was the most timely single operation of the whole morning. I used some other wire to fix a good connection to the unit with stronger more sturdy wire as the wire supplied is thin and flimsy, but fine to connect to a connection which i used to join my strong wire from the unit to onto the supplied power wire.

i started up and put the car into reverse. It is at this point that you need a friend to confirm that the reverse lights are on nd to hold all the sensors and point them at things. This confirms that the unit is working and that things get detected. Assured that it was all working I then started routing the cables under panels and joinging them all up. It still works.

I then drilled the holes in the bumper ensuring that the detectors were the right way up and the holes evenly spaced and as level as I can manage. Physically it was very easy and the supplied cutter made a very neat set of holes, I will have to find something else that needs holes drilling because it really was good fun. Nerve racking though. The first one is such a mental step to make.

All in all it was a straightforward DIY task well within the scope of a Saturday morning play. I think about 2.5 hrs. The unit works well and looks like others on the street when fitted. To improve the product would be hard I guess but to make the task just that little bit less stressing I suggest you mark the hole centres with smell post-it notes to get the centres level, and a spirit level. Also you will need some small cable ties to keep them neat, though I guess you could use the wire ties that came with the packaging.

the display unit is very small about 3 in long and less that a half inch tall. The lengths of wire were generous.

For a tenner I really could not have expected anything more, and what there is is plenty good enough for the purpose.

update 4/2015

it still works, it still looks smart. I did a better job of attaching the connection to the earth by using a croc clip and getting a good contact to the metal this would have been better to do from the start.
on 18 March 2012
I completely agree with the other review from P.G.

The instructions are not very clear but fortunately there is not much needed to install the sensors.
My only "gripe" is that the power leads are very small and fragile/brittle (soldering them is definitively the best option).

Other than that the quality of the kit is good (especially for the price).
on 16 June 2014
No, This is not a top of the range item. Yes , it works just fine and for £10..00 its really good value.
The readout screen is slightly smaller than the usual but, this is a good thing as it still easy to read and not so intrusive.
I fitted mine on top of the rear view mirror and it looks fine.
Working ok now for a week,so I think its a winner.
Ignore the moaners and whingers enjoy !!
on 12 April 2014
i bought item as my van has no windows in back doors.
this product is very easy to fit ,[ take your time].nice and small.first class alert
recommend this to my family and friends for safety aspects.
on 27 February 2014
it does every thing it is claimed to do no problem in fitting it, a bit tricky connecting to my reverse parking light as on the focus it is below the boot.As good as any other make that you would pay a lot more for. WELL DONE
Alan
on 15 February 2013
product exactly as ordered and performs likewise Neat easy to instal. Just recently installed
Colour matching car exactly. would purchase product again.
on 16 January 2014
Item in general well worth the money, other use different names and charge double the price.
Easy to install only down side is if you have metal bumpers hole saw not up to the job so had to purchase another hole cutter,
but would be fine on plastic bumpers.Had a problem with 1st unit but replaced with no problem good service
which makes a very good purchase..
on 25 February 2013
Hi.
Rec'd car reverse Buzzer.
Am most dissatisfied with instruction sheet.
Apparently,it was printed in China,and does try to say how to drill holes,but,says nothing about intallation.
Is it possible, that someone at ZBT Trading GmbH could send me full instructions of installation in English with details
from start to finish.
Thankyou.
hazeltrev@talktalk.net
on 7 May 2014
Spot on for the price came before it was suppost to 5 star rating in my book a must buy for everyone looking to smarten up your wheels

See one answered question