Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 6 June 2015
This is a pretty good Regency novel featuring Derek Vaughan, Duke of Ambersley and Johanna/Johnny heiress disguised as a boy being the main characters. Despite Derek being the main lead male character I have to admit being drawn more to the mysterious St John Trevarthan and lively Harry and at times I did wish Johanna had ended up with one of them rather then Derek because of his dark, moody and serious personality.

There's quite a cast of characters in this book, lots of secrets, intrigue and enemies who'll stop at nothing to harm and kill to get what they want. This is the first time I have read Amy Atwell and hope to read much more. Certainly Harry's and Trevarthan's s stories require a book of their own so I hope Amy will write them.
on 15 October 2012
... read! This is a good book to settle down with on a dark winter's night. - A little girl, aged four, found by the gardener of a manor and brought up by him and his wife as boy. After the couple's death and 14 years later, the youth is identified as the daughter of the duke and duchess who were killed in the fire of the manor. And the intrigues begin. - Hopefully, there will be more of the Lords of London.
on 9 October 2012
Excellent light reading - Regency novel. Would like to read some more by the same author - didnt want the story to end so perhaps a sequel would be great
on 25 November 2012
I'm with the previous reviewer, I didn't want it to end! Well written, good plot ,and although we know true love will always win through, a very entertaining read for these dark nights!
on 13 March 2013
A somewhat implausible story, but none the less I found it enjoyable.

Why? ... really could you just loose a Duke's Daughter just like that, even with the fire, and could you then just not notice that a boy the same age rocked up with the thinnest of stories?

It was another freebie, but at still only being offered at 49p it is a bargain in any language.

It was a decent paced plot, with likeable characters, although I did become a bit frustrated with the whole pity-fest from Derek towards the end. I really came to like Harry, and would be interested to see him find somebody of his own, ditto with Worthing he actually came across as a nice chap at the end.

I awarded 4 stars on Amazon as they don't do halves, but really it was a 3.5 read in truth.

Having said that I would read more by this author in the future.
on 17 November 2012
This book was first class and a very enjoyable read, without the usual glaring inaccuracies in so many 'historical' reads.
on 30 January 2013
It was so lovely to follow Johnny's story from the very beginning. The wealth of characters left me wanting more and I can't wait for the sequel. A little annoying was the sudden change in Johnny's accent, but to be honest that could have been down to my interpretation. Also the ending didn't feel right to me and I didn't want it to end there, however that could be a testament to the fact that this was a thoroughly good read.
on 18 December 2012
Once picked up you will want to read to the finish.
Great story line with lots of twists and turns.
I have passed on the title to friends and family.
Well written by Amy At well I shall look out got her name again
on 9 January 2013
Most enjoyable and I am looking forwards to reading others in this series. I preferred to 1st book to the second, as that seemed to loose its impetus
on 28 January 2013
really good book, thoroughly enjoyed it, would recommend it to anyone who enjoys reading will share it to all friends,