on 28 October 2014
This lumbar roll is a handy item to use if you find yourself in situations where you have to sit in awkward positions which cause you back discomfort. It is easy and quick to blow up by mouth and stays inflated and is very portable.

Ideal uses for the items are travel on trains, planes and when driving. The roll can be placed between the seat back and your lumbar (lower back) region and the seat and the pressure does seem to provide decent support, reducing back fatigue and discomfort.

You can vary the amount you inflate the roll. I found slightly less than fully inflated gave me better support than solidly inflated.

You can deflate and roll this up into a very small size so great for travel purposes and it has been very hard wearing, showing little signs of wear and tear.

It is worth thinking about whether this roll will be big enough for you. It is not really a substitute for a larger item for rolling your back on; more of a travel or work chair type accessory.
9 people found this helpful
on 17 January 2016
As others have said, this is expensive for what it is - a blow up cushion - however, I have used back rolls for years and this is a very useful version.
It allows you to choose how firm you want the support to be, which is important when you travel and e.g. get plane seats of varying support - you do not want too much support or you get back pain from excessive curvature. Changing the amount of air in the cushion is of course easy and quick so you can get the position exactly right for you.
Also, if you can get all the air out, the folded cushion is so small you can easily slip it in a pocket or bag, avoiding the nuisance of carrying a full size back roll through the airport.
If you are into multi use, it can also be used as a neck support.
So, while it is expensive, I find it serves the purpose very well and I much prefer it to equally pricey foam alternatives.
5 people found this helpful
on 2 December 2017
I bought this for my wife. She found it invaluable in the car. It was used slightly deflated and helped avoid back pain the next day. She decided to get this instead of other lumbar rolls as she didn’t know what size to buy. It was also used when sitting in chairs wherever she went. It does pick up lint though.
on 20 June 2016
Surprised that something at this price would be supplied with a faulty valve, either that or a poor design? Very easy to put pressure on the valve base no matter which way around it is facing or whether pushed in. From first use mine deflates in 10 minutes of use, somehow it even deflates after a couple of hours when not in use.
Seems like a lot of money for something that, to me, would not seem out of place in a £ shop. Very disappointing. :-(
In fairness, when it's inflated it does do the job... which actually makes the fact I have to send it back even more annoying.
on 8 May 2018
Brilliant - don't leave home without it! Mandatory now for all my long car, train and (especially) air journeys and has made such a difference to how my back feels when I arrive. Inflates easily, and then deflates into thin and easily portable piece of fabric, which fits into pocket or bag.
Great product
on 24 February 2018
I use this frequently. Being inflatable means I can adjust the level of support and it feels very plush to the touch. Very satisfied with the purchase.
on 20 April 2017
A great help. Will use at home and for travel. Just the right size for the small of the back for a small person
2 people found this helpful
on 26 February 2018
Initially I was very pleased with this as I could travel with it easily and also only partially inflate it to suit me. However it has sprung a leak and is already unusable. At this price I expected a good quality product. I have only had it for 6 weeks.
on 23 September 2016
I suffer from lower back pain when driving long distance and fly on planes. This pillow has really helped abate these issues. Being inflatable it is very easy to store (I keep mine in the car glove compartment) and will take up very little room in your hand luggage if flying.
The only reason I dropped a star was the price. At the end of the day this is just a bit of seal plastic and therefore I feel the price tag is VERY steep.
Would I buy it again? Yes probably, although I would look around for a cheaper alternative.
on 18 December 2017
Utter junk. Deflates on impact, defeating the whole purpose. Unless the purpose is to fleece people who associate it's high price with a quality product that might last more than a week.