on 15 March 2012
Item was delivered promptly and fits the bill for what we wanted. We were replacing a 20 year old Panasonic Dimension 4 combination gril microwave, which though it had served us well, was looking a bit tatty, was very heavy, was taking up too much room and was a little under powered compared to modern microwaves. Our old one have a top power level of 600 watts this one can go up to 900, if required.
What we liked about this one, compared to others, was the 25 litre size. Lot's of the others were a little to small inside for what we needed. This one was ideal, it takes a fair sized plate with no problem, without the outside dimensions being much bigger(if at all) than other models that have less inside room.
It is well made and solid enough, without being too heavy and is very easy to operate, no complicated menu systems to work out.
We have it on a worktop, where pushing the door open button, does not make it slip backwards like some other models do. If you do have a problem with that , there are a couple of grooves underneath the machine, in line with the door push, that you can hold while pushing, to keep it steady, if need be.
The rotary control pushes back inside the machine to present a clean outline. It looks very good in our kitchen and is very easy to operate.
I saw on another review elsewhere, that someone was complaining that the beep the machine makes went on for ages after the food had been cooked. Well they didn't read the manual?? The machine defaults to a rather long winded 30 beeps when left to it's factory settings but this can be altered to a three beep setting, by a couple of seconds push on one of the buttons which it then remembers..You might have to reset this if you have a power cut though.
A well made machine, with a white paint interior, very simple to use. All in all exactly what we wanted.
This is not the quietest of microwaves but I wouldn't consider it over noisy either and the fan carries on after cooking has completed.
There is a video review on You Tube which people might want to have a look at.
I will put the link here, if Amazon allows it.
[...]
on 4 July 2013
Much simpler controls; very instinctive, just set the single button for power level, set the time in minutes and seconds on a rotary knob and press start, who need more. My wife loves it.
on 8 May 2013
Modern and so easy to use. It is a pity all microwaves are not as easy as this to use. Absolutely delighted with this purchase. Very good quality item as you would expect from Bosch. I went on to buy the Bosch Toaster and Kettle to match and delighted with all three.
on 4 September 2014
I have owned my Bosch Microwave for just under two and half years. It works properly and I have always found it very good. In the last week the paint inside has started cracking under the glass turntable. I am not sure if it is safe to use. I would now think twice before buying a microwave with a painted inside
on 18 May 2013
This is, as you would expect from Bosch, a first rate product, with enough programmes, and very simple to use.
on 20 November 2012
This is exactly what I have been looking for; a microwave that lets the user decide how to use it. Previous microves I have had, have preprogrammed cooking routines - pizza, curry, baked potato ...come on, we can figure that out!
This model has several power settings, a time setting, a Start and Stop button and a few other options ...SIMPLE! I can decide how to cook my curry now!
on 25 October 2013
I've had a number of microwaves but this is the best. It's easy to use, cooks evenly and looks very nice.
on 18 August 2012
I am very pleased with the product but I wish the Instruction manual was more comprehensive.this ia all I have to say.
on 25 September 2014
It's a smart looking unit and is easy to operate with 5 power levels (90 - 900). However there are two drawbacks to the unit. The first that after 5 minutes the timer setting can only be increased in one minute intervals. So if you want say a time of 9 mins and 30 seconds then you either have to use 10 mins or use 9 mins followed by a further 30 seconds. The other issue is that there are fan vents on both sides and the top and damp air can be blown out of these vents so the unit needs to be free standing with a space about 1 foot clearance on both sides. My previous microwave only had vents on the top so I could put one side against a wall and have another appliance on the other side. With this model I can't do that which is a nuisance.
on 12 January 2014
We are very pleased with the Bosch microwave, easy to understand instructions and simple to use. We would recommend this product.