Platform: PC|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 29 July 2011
This is the fourth stuff pack for The Sims 3 (PC/Mac DVD) and although it isn't an actual expansion pack, thus not a significant addition to gameplay, it is an interesting addition to our little Sims' lifestyle.

Basically, it is what it says; a staff pack and nothing more. It includes a few new community lots and venues like a new school, gym, grocery store, library, restaurant and park. Also it introduces a laundry venue, which is nice if you don't already have that. Naturally, all these new venues come with new objects that can be used everywhere in the game. Like all stuff packs, it has a few new hair styles and some outfits, which were not that great in my opinion.

I guess that the only reason to get this stuff pack is if you are bored with your neighbourhoods and need a makeover. At least that is why I got it, and although the community lots are very different and more modern, I cannot say that I really like them. You might like to look at the images before purchasing, to make sure that this style suits you, as with this stuff pack, what you see is what you get and not much more.

This stuff pack was easy to install to my PC and so far it didn't cause any problems to my gameplay.
on 1 March 2012
I bought this game expecting to have lots more items and accessories when in actual fact you dont really get that much. I do think the game is worth a buy if you are wanting some new furniture/clothes but dont expect to get a lot. Even though the game comes with new places for your sims to visit you cant actually go inside and visit these places. Definitely worth the cheap price but not worth it if you are looking for lots of new items.
on 31 December 2012
was happy with this product, as it added on more content to the sims3 would have liked a little more sim clothing&hairstyles.
on 11 September 2013
The cash cows that is the Sims rolls on.

More stuff for yours Sims to enjoy and a compulsory purchase if your a Sims addict.

All these add-on packs make the Sims and expensive game and I whish wish they would release for official free stuff...
on 30 August 2011
This Stuff pack isn't all that great. Not a lot of items and adds very little to the game unlike the other 'Stuff' packs. I am very disappointed as a Sims 3 fan.
on 8 October 2011
Great game. I have most expansion and stuff packs, but Town Life has impressed me most. It gave a quick install, and I was playing within 10 minutes. The items that come in the game were really updated, and i look forward to the next expansion pack: Pets :)

Kate
xx
This stuff pack can be misleading and you have to be aware of what you are actually getting. Most of the lots listed already exist in a different form in most neighbourhoods. This stuff pack adds new lots that you can place in your neighbourhood but it's mainly useless unless you want to REplace your existing lots. For example, I put down the new school expecting my sims to go to that school. But they didn't. In fact no sims will ever visit that school unless you force them to attend there instead. The only option is to get rid of the existing school and place this one there instead.

There's nothing wrong with having a few extra lots for your sims to visit but just be aware of the fact that nothing new happens. The new gym acts just like the old one, the new café like the old one. It's more about creating new looking buildings than anything brand new.

There are two lots however that I really did like. The Laundromat/laundrette was great for neighbourhoods that don't have one as I'm often too lazy to build one for my sims. Also the park features a few new items and is a nice little city type park that kids will especially enjoy.

Overall this stuff pack is okay but if you are happy with your neighbourhoods and the way they look then I think you'll be a little disappointed with this offering. I'd still recommend it to any sims fans out there, but I wouldn't pay too high a price as you really don't get as much as you'd hope for.

A nice stuff pack but be wary of how much you get.
on 30 December 2011
Some good stuff in this expansion, I always find these better value then going onto the Sims Store and spending points. This is great if you like doing up your towns but there is some good skill increasing equipment in it and stuff for kids. Well worth the money.
on 9 December 2012
Once again my sister wanted this for her, almost complete, Sims 3 game.. I ordered it for her, being the amazing older sister I am (lol), The game arrived in good time.. The game works perfectly and the price was good.. Thank you Amazon!
on 30 January 2012
I really enjoy playing this game.

It is essential for game enjoyment that you have the original sims 3 pack.
Be wary of buying Town life stuff as you will have to use the icon created by the original game to enter it.

BUT worth having as I am now able to have bars in my town I can go into and have a drink and order food, more houses and a fire station. Like the facitility where you can now interact or control the firemen at work.
Dont worry about the vampire aspect I just did not put that bar into my town and have not seen any.

Good value compared with other stuff packs.

Ambitions is also a good expansion pack.

'Generations' has some good tools, for example changing life span of the sims in your family and making stages in their life you don't enjoy so much shorter!