on 27 January 2013
Was thinking about buying these from Amazon when they were £99 - when I went to place order, the price had gone up by £100, so I purchased them elsewhere for £98. However, after finally trying them today on the ice for the first time, I have realised they are just an expensive pair of waterproof boots. If you are using them in thick snow, the grip is fine. but try them on compacted snow or black ice and they are useless. I think there are far cheaper boots that will do the same job, and if you need something to stop slipping on the ice, invest in a pair of get-a-grip overshoe traction aids, feet will stay firmly on the ground.Get A Grip LG Size 43 Snow Ice Anti Slip Shoe Grips
on 19 December 2016
Purchased ready for a forthcoming holiday in the snow. Unfortunately the holiday was cancelled and the boots remained in the box and in my wardrobe. Good news and a snowy holiday booked :) I opened the boots and went to try them on, unfortunately as I pulled the laces one of the eyelets popped and flew across the bedroom.

These boots feel lovely and cost a small fortune, hence I am so disappointed by the quality and I would like Hunter to reply.
on 6 December 2012
Ok, I haven't worn them in snow/ice conditions yet but I have the feeling they might just do the trick. When they arrived, I put them on and wanted to keep them on all night as they felt really comfortable, well-made, warm and safe.
I chose this pair of boots because I slipped on an icy road last year (skiing resort) and broke my wrist. To make me feel more secure this year, I was looking for a pair of boots that had the fit and soles that would give me confidence that I wouldn't slip again. I'm not sure whether that is true yet, but it sure looks as if they're the business. They also look fashionable with the cuff either up or down. Overall, great! Can't give the full 5 stars yet as they haven't seen the slippery ice yet; but they soon will - and I want to wear them!
on 22 February 2014
I'm sad to report that these broke before i even used them! The first time i did them up one of the riveted lace loops flew, the pressure applied was less than normal not a gorilla swinging on a bar!.On closer inspection im not surprised the rivet is really flimsly fastened with a thin metal cap so just a really thin piece of crimped metal holding it on, other loops made some odd noises too so i fear the worst and that they have a design fault. Its a real shame everything else looks good to me and I hoped the quality would match my 20 year old hunter welllies - If you succumb I'd recommend you check the return policy mine have sat unused for 3 months and then broke so i'm out of luck i guess :-(
on 8 January 2013
Good price on these ones on Amazon! cost three times more in shops in sweden. Warm and coasy and fits like a glove. Do wear with fitting socks not to thin since when new the lining turn to take time to adjust to foot.
on 17 August 2013
Ok, I bought these before moving to Stockholm in January. The quality of the boots is unquestionably top notch. They are incredibly comfortable and warm and waterproof. So far they are perfect. Until that is, the moment you encounter ice. At first I honestly thought Swedish people had some secret techniques for walking on ice while I'm sliding around nearly breaking my neck. But no, after swapping to my normal non-winter boots I never slipped again. So unfortunately as much as I love the style and quality of my Hunters they are dangerous on ice quite frankly. I have just ordered a pair of Rockport Lux Lodges for this year as I dont fancy breaking my neck in the Hunters which I'll save for very heavy snow. Big shame really.
on 22 December 2014
In Norway these were great , never had wet feet nor felt the cold they also gave me good grip when on the deck of a ship during a storm with waves turning to ice as they hit the deck. make sure you have merino wool socks too. Dont scrimp on your gear , Icebreaker was fab for me.
on 4 February 2013
Great boots at a rock bottom price but rather on the small side. Sent them back but didn't reorder as the size 5 where a staggering £140 dearer. Plus I lost my 20% discount.
on 30 March 2013
Very good investment. Over ice, snow or just for walking around in cold weather: feet always confy. Must recommend if you plan wearing them many times.
on 9 May 2013
Look great but have to confess I bought them when must of the snow had gone and have not yet worn them. READY FOR THIS YEAR!