on 19 May 2018
The great advantage of this book is that it is very good value. The downside is that it is rather cheaply put together and the editing is very poor. Buy this if your budget cannot stretch to the more expensive editions. It will do the job.
on 10 February 2018
it's an easy read
on 17 December 2014
I was looking for a cost effective kindle book that gives me the basics of the lives of the saints and this publication fits the bill quite well. I have only skimmed it so far but it appears to be well written.
on 22 July 2012
If you are running a confirmation class and looking for info on all the saints then this is it. Children are not getting it in school but you can give them the knowledge with this book.
2 people found this helpful
on 3 February 2013
An old book like this neednt be difficult to read, I urge anyone thinking about it to go ahead as this book is charmingly written and really encourages a good heart and a Catholic lifestyle.
on 27 November 2015
Lovely book. The writing could do with being a bit larger though
on 29 September 2015
Heartrending accounts of what some of the saints suffered for their faith " deliver us from evil".
on 31 December 2013
There are so many wonderful saints who go unnoticed and very little known about them, we seem to acknowledge and venerate the more well known, this book by Alban Butler brings in other's to whet your appetite for further reading.
One person found this helpful
on 3 July 2015
I like the book but was hoping it would have been more of a short biography on each saint to be more interesting and knowledgable to read.
on 27 March 2013
All life, human and divine is here. At last I've found out the saint appropriate to my birthday. only 65 years of waiting.