Customer reviews

Samsung 16GB Class 10 Micro SDHC Extreme Speed Card
Size: 16GB|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:£14.99

on 13 August 2013
I have just reported the failure of this supposedly genuine SAMSUNG card to Amazon and the Seller. After installing it in my wife's Galaxy SIII (previous card generic 16GB works perfectly, but is too small for our music - and NO, the SIII is perfectly capable of handling a 64GB card, unlike the accusation by one seller in the one-star comments for this product), where the phone suddenly became unreliable, I have spent the last five days continually reformatting and then trying to copy 14GB of music to the supposedly genuine and new Samsung 32GB MicroSDHC card without success. At lest it arrived in a very real-looking SAMSUNG package, with very real-looking printing on the microSD card and the SD adaptor) I eventually resorted to transferring my albums one at a time, and amazingly, at around 7.5GB of transferred data, the card threw its toys out of the pram, and - SEVERAL TIMES, not just once - did one of two things: 1, it accepted transfers, corrupting them, and not logging the extra DATA to the Total on the card after it gets to about 7.2GB, or 2, it accepted the transfers, corrupting them, and logging the data content on the card as being about 108GB - not possible, of course..!!
***
Another point... When I initially started transferring my music to the card, the transfer rate was nowhere near to Class 10. MAX was about 4MB/sec, and (now that I have realised it) around 7-8GB of transfer it slowed down to between 1 and 2.5MB/sec.
***
The card, and the packaging, look the REAL McCoy, but having read, among others, thePCguy's review dated 12 NOV 2012, and realising that the card only started to "misbehave" around 8GB of on-board data, I am strongly convinced, this is not a faulty card.
*****
IT IS A FAKE...!! Shame on you, Amazon and "electronix123"... What a waste of FIVE DAYS...!!!
*****
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 28 May 2012
Well I plugged this into my SGS i9000, and coming from a class 4 Kingston, not only was my read and write speeds fast on AnTuTu Benchmark - which went from around 2-5mb write and 8-10mb read to around 8-10 write and 10-11 read - although that speed difference, in black and white doesn't seem like a huge leap, the actual performance and usability of the new class 10 sd card is much faster.
I realised this first via the actual benchmark - and by this I mean, the speed in which the benchmark finished, With my old class 4 it took a good 3-4mins before it would give me the results, and with the new class 10, it would give it within 1-2mins. Apart from that, reading the things I had on my EXT SD + copy and pasting things in & out of it, where faster.

Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase + at the price of only £18, you really can't go wrong! (I remember buying my class 4, for £20, around 6months ago - I also realise the price as I'm writing this has dropped to £15)

So, if you want a relatively cheap card, for a good price - this one is a sure winner!

EDIT:
After getting a 3.0 compliant motherboard and card reader - this card hits the advertised speed of 24mb/s read and 21 mb/s write!
Love it!
review imagereview image
on 30 October 2017
Even though these might be a little dated now speed wise they are still running strong in the phones and tablets I use them in. I have just swapped them from device to device over the years and they have continued to work without fail.

I would definitely trust the brand for longevity. 5 Stars all the way.
VINE VOICEon 3 July 2013
I bought a 32Gb version to expand the memory on my new Samsung Galaxy Note 2. What can I say its fast, very fast to transfer data from my PC through a USB3 port onto the memory card seemed to transfer the raft of MP3's I wanted very quickly. The phone likes it and all is good. While I realise that there are many other more technical reviews on here all I am interested in is:
It Works
It works quickly
It's reliable
it doesn't cost the earth.

It meets all my criteria, comes in simple packaging and is made by a reputable manufacturer.

Happy.
on 12 May 2013
Card came on time, and packed well.. though did have a little problem getting the card out of the manufacturers packaging.. scissors required.The micro does come with a standard adaptor, so if I want to put it into my lap or camera I can do so. Not a techie, so can't comment on down load speed, but I did down load all my music from my lap to my note and seam to handle it okay. The play back on my note is good quality, and my pictures look crystal clear.
on 3 May 2017
Put this into my phone and copied my photos straight across. Good product.
on 29 May 2013
The genuine deal. Very capacious and a very, very fast card. Recommended.

I had been struggling with what was obviously a very dodgy micro card from a dodgy dealer, who I would not recommend; (shanks2912): But as soon as I got this, it was magic.

I have put loads of stuff onto it and it is not a quarter full.
Would buy again from this seller.
on 4 June 2017
these are so cheap and use them for my gopro, dashcam, and other devices.
on 13 July 2017
As described, received in good time and well packaged. many thanks
on 6 November 2013
I bought this on the basis of the recommendation of another reviewer.

I endorse their opinion and to save time I have included a link to their review below

In short i recommend this product.