Customer reviews

Annabel Karmel by NUK Food Masher and Bowl
Item Package Quantity: 1|Change

on 28 June 2017
Used this a few times as just introducing my baby to weaning. Mashes veg and banana really well. I've just used it for small quantities but it is very quick and convenient and makes mashing very easy. Find it very useful as I can easily prepare veg separately to ours and make the food individual to baby with his cows milk protein allergy. It has a corregated base of the bowl which works well with the masher. The food was a nice consistancy for a beginner to eat. I would recommend. It was easy to clean/wash up. It is also a nice design and colour.
on 21 May 2016
I bought this when we started weaning thinking it would be a good way to quickly mash food like bananas and avocado. It does mash it but I think using the back of a spoon would be just as good. The food gets stuck in the grooves and it just becomes another thing to wash up. We ended up doing mostly finger foods as baby preferred that so only used it a couple of times.
on 8 September 2015
I have used this a lot since first weaning and I still use it now that my daughter is 1. It is good for mashing all sorts. I mash fruits to add to porridge and it it good for mashing hard boiled eggs. It is quite small so if you have a lot to mash then you have to do it in stages otherwise it spews over the sides which is annoying. The ridges help you mash to a smooth texture. After a lot of use, the surface becomes rough and it starts to take on the colour of the food so it takes a bit more washing than it does when it is new. I am happy with my purchase and it has been very useful.
on 14 September 2017
This is an excellent food masher. It leaves the food quite lumpy without making too smooth. My baby doesn't like super smooth food but if it is too lumpy, she struggles to chew it at the moment. I can adjust the texture really easily with the masher and she happily eats her meal. It also washes easily and doesn't stain (used it for mashing beetroot!).
VINE VOICEon 14 August 2015
Great little mini-masher, works very effectively on small quantities of fruit, meat, veg, breakfast cereals, etc.

I use it as a feeding bowl too once I've mashed the food. I just add some baby food from a jar to the fresh mashed ingredients, and it makes a good sauce base for the fresh ingredients. Job done:)

It isn't very large, so you can pop it in the changing bag and take it wherever you go. 5 stars.
on 19 June 2017
If you starting weaning this is perfect to help mash up bananas etc.

I have even made stews and whacked a portion in here and managed to mash it up enough for my little boy to eat.
It very well made and has some good grooves in the bowl to help mash everything up.

Very handy at to cheap to even consider buying!
on 6 September 2015
I really don't like this product unfortunately, to be honest you are better using a bowl & a fork to mash stuff- there are grooves in the bowl where all the food gets stuck & the masher is difficult to clean. it's not very big & more often than not we end up washing it as it's fallen out the cupboard when going for other dishes
on 18 September 2017
So handy when you don't want to take out, use and then clean the blender for a small porion of food for your baby. I pretty much use two or three times a day. If anything I'd prefer a bigger bowl as it can sometimes be too small to mush food in it as you end up spilling the food from over the sides but I could just be my fault for being messy over zealous mum.
on 6 August 2017
Great product, love it so much I bought another one so I can use them for two courses! Took it on holiday with me which made life so much easier. Would deffo recommend. The only downside it does stain slightly but it doesn't affect the use.
on 12 June 2014
I bought this to help prepare food for my son when he was 6 months. It was very useful at the start of the process. I wanted to try to mash to have a few lumps rather than have all food in the blender. It worked really well. I agree with some of the other reviews that the bowl is quite small but this is handy at first as you only need small amounts. The grooves in the inside help with the mashing. When I needed to mash more I used the masher with a bigger bowl.