Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 9 January 2016
Pleased with purchase
on 27 April 2010
All in all, this item is worth your money, and the only grudge I hold against the description, or maybe I should say the people who wrote the specifics about this product is that "Pulp Fiction" does not contain any of the special features listed. It does not contain any special features at all! So, if you're looking for this kind of thing i suggest you buy the movies separate. All in all, I am satisfied.
on 18 January 2013
To be entertained and to fall in love with fantastically entertaining, brilliantly written and shot films.

The only shame about this box set is that it doesn't have Tarantino's total collection of feature films.

A fantastic box set.
on 6 August 2012
you all should know how good these films are,was a bit sceptical of ordering as i wasn't sure what extras are on them?good news is these are the same as the special edition blu rays,so superb picture quality and a shed load of extras are included on all films bar kill bill 1&2 they just have trailers,making off and a couple of music videos,a good value box set with some great movies,highly recommended.
on 6 November 2010
I bought this box set a couple years ago in HMV for around the price displayed (around 20 quid), and definitely consider it money well spent. Obviously it is no longer a complete collection, since the release of "Inglorious Basterds", but what is included are must haves for any Tarantino fan. Special/bonus features are a little unevenly spread about, with "Reservoir Dogs" and "Jackie Brown" both having an extra disc of the usual making ofs and featurettes, while, as the negative reviews mention, the "Pulp Fiction" disc is a barebones affair, which is disappointing. Nonetheless, all films included are entertaining and in great condition, and are films that I have rewatched and will rewatch again and again.
on 19 May 2009
If you have navigated to this page I do not need to tell you how incredible each of these films is.

I would just like to point out that on the box it says "6 disk edition".

In fact there are 7 disks! The Resevoir Dogs DVD is also a special 2 disk edition. They must have made that decision after the packaging was printed.

I was pleasantly surprised Madam.
on 2 September 2014
Quentin Tarantino is a fantastic director. The 5 films featured in this box set are excellent in terms of: sweet, smooth dialogue, great acting and superb direction. Let us move on to the discs featured of which unfortunately lack basic special features. In Reservoir Dogs, Kill Bill Vol 1 and 2 a fairly even spread of special features are included, however, what I think is Tarantino’s most unsuccessful film Jackie Brown, has 2 discs packed full of special features contradicts that of Pulp Fiction which has nearly no features and, quite a bad picture. Excellent films, but, disappointing special features.
on 21 November 2010
I was first confronted with Tarantino's movie when I rented 'Kill Bill' a few years ago. I did not even watch all of it since I found it emotionally disturbing and depressive. A few years went and I watched 'Inglourious Bastards' (not part of this set) without realising it was made by the same person. The last movie seems to be made by a genious, although sometimes emotionally disturbing, and made me buy all the Tarantino movies (for a good prize at the Amazon).

The 2 'Kill Bill' movies, especially the first one, is filled with amazing characters, scenes, clothing and sound-tracks. When you realise that these movies are not meant for being believeable as representing the real world, the execessive violence becomes less a problem.

The 'Reservoir Dogs' is not my movie. I watched it once and I have no plans to see it again. The story line is too narrow and too many dead bodies. Bang, bang..

I liked 'Jackie Brown' a lot better. It has a very good story and there is no
unnecessary violence. It can certainly be seen as a family movie. The 'bad ass guy' is amazingly interpreted by Samuel L. Jackson who has a very strong character and rich, talkative language. The performance of the other actors, like Pam Grier as Jackie Brown is also very good. I wonder if using Robert De Niro in a secondary role was a good idea. There is nothing wrong with his acting, but since I associate him with so many other leading movie characters, it makes the story a bit less believable.

'Pulp Fiction' is even more filled with famous actors. The story line is more complex with parallel stories and back-flash. I must admit the movie end with a detail I do not understand. John Travolta is alive at the end of the movie, although... Maybe you understand this detail better than me after watching.
on 13 January 2013
this is a great box set, all my favorite Quentin films in one, good price. to buy separate would cost much more.
on 26 June 2015
I love Quentin Tarantino, the cinematography, camera angles, soundtracks, choice of actors/actresses. I especially like the strong women such as Uma Thurman (you never hear her name in Kill Bill) and Jackie Brown, which serve as good female role models in oppose to male dominated cast and plotlines. Pulp Fiction is an amazing film also, this time Thurman plays a more subservient female with a mad husband, but Reservoir Dogs as good as it is scared me quite a lot and I had to look away for the gorier scenes.