Customer reviews

on 17 December 2014
These look and sound great. The left-hand one definitely gets a little bit warm, so I wouldn't want to seal them in a bookcase surrounded with books and stuff - but no issues so far with them out on exposed shelves. The undersides are smooth but sheets of sticky-back foam are included to stop them slipping and skidding around.

The sound is the best I've ever owned. At least on par with medium-high-end Sennheiser HD215 headphones. For the price, I'm very happy.

I have an Ikea "FREDDE" workstation desk and these fit perfectly on the little side stick-out shelves, with enough connecting cable to hook the right-hand one (passive) up to the left (where the amp is). They also look great.

If you had to put these the wrong way round due to where your available mains power is, you could fix it by plugging the phono cables on the rear in backwards (white in to red, red in to white) to pre-reverse the stereo sound, if that matters to you. Probably would if you're playing games on them.
on 4 April 2017
Well, I bought these in 2014 but haven't used them much at all due to various things going on with my life. I have just started to get into learning how to record on my PC. These speakers have always made a bit of a bang when I turn them on, but today there was a big bang, a spark and now the speakers are dead. I Suspect that the PSU has gone. I shall see if I can get them repaired/replaced under my statutory rights.

They sound fine if they work but they shouldn't blow after only about a dozen or so uses.
on 6 December 2011
I have had these speakers for a year now. I am not a self styled audiophile so I can't comment on their technical abilities. However, I really enjoy listening to a wide range of music. The speakers have been connected to a current iMac and so compared to the inbuilt speakers which are supposed to be pretty good, the M-Audio AV40 blow them out of the water which is to be expected I suppose. I do not have to mess around with the iTunes equaliser at all - the sound I hear is well balanced without a leaning to either bass or excessive treble and they are very clear. The speakers are well made and come with all the cables you will need. My only gripe is the power button is at the back of the powered speaker and also sometimes if the speaker is either turned on or off whilst the computer is on, there is a loud noise from the speaker but looking on th M-Audio support pages, this seems to be normal for even their high-end speakers.
on 10 April 2013
Very pleased with these little active monitors which I use with my computer, iPod and digital piano. A big improvement on the popular, lightweight 'multimedia speaker' offerings. High quality, punchy sound and substantial build quality for a relatively modest sum. I auditioned the Samson Mediaone 4a too but they were disappointing, with inferior sound quality.

Connection to iPod/PC very easy with the included cables. To run my piano through the monitors required the additional purchase of 2x 1/4 inch jack to rca cables. Highly recommended
on 20 August 2017
Buy this if you want good quality music - loud enough to deafen you and bass-y enough to revive your dead hamster. It's durable and has contributed to many of my party events with no issues.
on 27 October 2017
If you can get M-Audio do so. Super! Super! Super! Super! My brother has raved about them for years. He's right, they are fantastic!!
on 28 July 2013
These were a replacement for previous speakers that had served me well, with good sound, Creative T20's, but I was let down on one channel after some time.

They are quite heavy for PC speakers, and a bit larger than I thought, but that does not compromise the quality of these in any way whatsoever.

I consider myself an audiophile, I love great sound, and I wanted the best possible for my spend, and I had £30 in vouchers as a gift from work, so that added to the value which was half price anyway.

I looked extensively at speakers available, had the ultimate choice and these seemed very competitive. I paid a lot of attention to the reviews, which drew me towards these. I don't know of any product that does not come without a negative review or more, so I had to look at the positive ones.

Anyone reading this review will have to consider me as highly positive on these speakers. They do sound absolutely wonderful, and I am not easy to impress.
I love a very wide spectrum of music, and the quality of sound is a very important factor with that. I played some well known opera music via Spotify, and it was so enjoyable. The bass was beautifully in its place as it should be without unnatural rumble, and the mid and high tones very nicely rendered indeed.

The bottom line for me here is that these are brilliant speakers for the price, which deliver superior sound to the good quality of the speakers they replace. I am pleased that I followed the overwhelming positive reviews for these, and I hope my review contributes to others satisfaction, should you choose to buy these too, and thank you to those authors of positive reviews that directed me to these.

Update, no bass? Got to be kidding, these deliver a tidy bass, within its place, and very contained within the perimeters of decent music. Don't compare the true musical quality of these to the preference of someone who likes the banging of dreadful bass that you hear from cars driven by types that have no appreciation of true delicate notes in REAL music.
review image
on 14 October 2012
Very pleased with an excellent product which provides an excellent sound quality way above the usual sets of computer speakers.
on 24 July 2017
Fast Shipping, great products !
on 14 April 2012
Wow! The speakers are awesome! Prior to buying these i was looking for some studio monitor speakers for my Mac. I looked around and stumbled across these that had so many great reviews. Now i have these i must say that they live to the hype. Amazing sound quality. The bass is punchy and strong but not overpowering which really kicks in among bass heavy tracks. The mids and highs are superb and clear. Overall i cannot recommend these highly enough. Go buy it!
22 Comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse