on 9 January 2013
I have a Bose Sound dock for the original IPod but have recently bought and IPad 3 which i wanted to play music from. I didn't want to pay a fortune for expensive wireless speakers, so i bought this connector and can now play tunes through my Sound dock -brilliant!!!
on 25 January 2012
I bought this to use with the Apple camera connector kit. The Apple camera connector is a bit larger than a standard dock connector and it's a really tight fit in the docking slot opening of my iPad case. This extension cable fits in the case slot nicely and means I can now plug the camera connector into the end of that. Just what I was hoping it would do. Overall, very happy with the cable and it was a very good price.
on 14 May 2013
This item is as described and works perfectly, so it would be unfair of me to give it less than 5 stars.

However, some of you may know that Apple's USB adapter for the iPad (Camera Connection Kit) fails to deliver enough current to drive many usb devices. There are reports of people being able to get around this by connecting the USB adapter via an extension cable. It seems that with some cables, when you place the cable between the iPad and the USB adapter, the iPad is fooled into supplying more current than if the USB adapter is directly connected.

I bought this extension cable simply to solve this problem, so I could use my iPad to drive my new audio DAC. Unfortunately it does not work. I mention this just in case anyone else with the same problem is interested in this cable.
on 9 February 2013
I wanted this to extend my in car iPod connection so that I could connect to my iPhone 5 and listen to music and audio books. I also connected an apple lightening converter so it would connect to my iPhone 5. I was dubious this would work in view of all the negative feedbacks I had seen. I have to say however it works perfectly. I can listen to music and audio books. It also charges and I can control it via the car controls. I am very pleased as this was a relatively cheap solution. At first I thought there would be problems as it was a tight fit (no bad thing) but once I had plucked up the courage to shove them together it all worked fine.
Looks very sturdy cable is quite thick.
on 15 January 2013
Ideal for connecting an iPad to an iPod docking station. First cable broke after a few days when one of the connectors exploded. It was replaced quickly by JSG without quibble.Second cable still going strong after a few weeks.
on 17 May 2014
Bought this to use my iphone with a dock but I had to remove the cover. Not any more. The lead fits inside the cover as a charger would and I can use the dock and charge without taking off my survivor cover. The ends have pulled away from the wires exposing single wires but it's still working. The cable is thicker than the standard iphone charger USB which is a pity as it's a great product for the price
on 25 July 2012
I purchased this connector to link my iPad 3 to my Bose Sound Dock. It does the job perfectly and allows the Bose remote control to adjust volume, pause etc. My only gripe is that the cable is quite thick (much more so than the supplied Apple connector cable)and not flexible enough to allow it to be tucked around the Bose discreetly. This is a minor issue, however, and doesn't detract from the value for money.
on 14 May 2012
I use this to connect my iphone to a sounddock so it doesn't interfere with the sound and so I can select tracks more easily. It works perfectly.
on 31 January 2013
The cable was ok and worked for a while but then it stopped working after a few months.
I don't think it's anything to do with the supplier or manufacturer but all the cables i've had for apple products don't seem to work for long
on 22 February 2014
Another piece of cheap manufacturing. It broke after a couple of days, in that the cable came loose from the connector (which itself falls in two if you are not careful). It still actually functions, so two stars instead of one, but I can't imagine it will last long though.

See one answered question