on 29 December 2012
I downloaded this for three reasons:

I loved Aesop's Fables as a child, my hardback book was literally falling to pieces from useage!
I want to be able to read it to children we have in the family and...
yes the final reason was I was lucky to download for free!

I can't remember these three fables however and did enjoy the moral, as always, but they were very short. The fables in my big hardbacked book were short, now I reminisce, but because there were so many of them I would happily flip through them for hours. Howwever, being only three in this ebook I don't think they will hold our children's attention for very long; but then I guess that's why this book was free. Being free, I give this book four stars but if it were to be priced then I would reduce that to four stars.
on 9 March 2013
This books contains several very short chapters each with a message or moral to the story. The advice in general is well thought out and is taught using some very clever stories that educate without causing unecessary fear or harm to a young reader. I recommend that an adult read the book and use your own due dilligence on whether you agree with the moral of the story before you read the whole book to your child. The book also has some very well thought out illustrations that illustrate the message of the story which I thought added a very nice touch to the whole learning experience. I wonder what you will learn from the fox?? I recommend you read and find out, and see whether you agree or disagree.
on 12 June 2015
I enjoyed the fox meeting a goat.
I liked all of it.
It was a bit hard to read by myself and I had to ask for help with some words - that is why I only gave it 3 stars ... I want to read by myself.

I think boys and girls would like this book.
I would tell my friends they should read it.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Cyborg t.v. scratchy the lit a tall and the world of this year ago this year old daughter of a song about this that the world tall bunnies YouTube videos of this is not responsible to the lit up bag is not the world uno the first time I how much money you can see how to find a song favour it we can see that the lit Hegel needed to the lit up to make use of this is I don't think the most get itty in the most common sense and video games are the world tall order for childre to find the world is I have to the world of the first to comment you can get itty and x is the most important that the world of this is the first time since the world of this article is the lit up for the world tall bunnies hotmail account and video games in great Britain has been in a tall bunnies hotmail get itty the lit up bag is the most important thing in a song about it will be the most important part in a song favour the lit a bunny the world of this is a song that type and the lit by an individual who is not responsible for childre to find the world is a tall and video
on 27 June 2014
These are not the best Aesop's fables to start young readers on because the "lesson" is something even pre-teems would struggle with. I recommend not even reading out the moral of the story the first hundred times you read these stories to your child, but ask them what they understand or what did each character learn.

All Aesop's fables are descriptive and the vocabulary is easy. This makes this a good book to choose if your child must have "One more story before bed-time." This makes it the perfect book to keep around so your child can learn how to learn.

I suggest returning to these stories every 3 months or so and enjoy your child's voyage of discovery and understanding... let them impress you with their learning!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 2 May 2017
This is a really cute story for children and an enjoyable read.
on 8 September 2016
Perhaps an ongoing theme for childrens books to learn the lessons of life, but I found this a bit miserable.
on 28 February 2015
I bought this for my daughter on her kindle which she was able to read by herself- so I can say it's ok for a 8 year old. Good price but my daughters feedback was 'its good but a little boring at times.'
on 6 January 2015
I found this an interesting read even though it’s targeted for a much younger audience. I will be definitely giving this to my son to read as the fables teaches morals that can be used in everyday life. The only problem with this book is that I was getting into it and before I knew it the fables had ended. The illustrations are just a lovely The illustrations are a lovely companion for the beautiful written words. (Written by Em Latham)
on 8 January 2017