Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.68

on 20 April 2013
Ordered this hoping to use it in Guided Reading as we cover the Great Plague in Year 5 and thought this would help with empathy. Rather too many references to courtesans using words that would create uproar from parents and Governors so no good for that!! Great read for early secondary pupils though.
on 8 March 2011
I am 12 years old and was bought this book for Christmas. It's has such a fantastic storyline and I just couldn't put the book down till I had finished it. I highly recommend this book to anyone who likes a gripping read. Buy this book!
on 1 January 2013
This is such a wonderful heart pounding book.Amid tears and sheer joy it is unsetdownable.With the authors vivid descriptions you are transported into the medival world feeling all the pain,suffering and suspense for yourself.
on 4 September 2012
Good short book aimed at young adults. Easy to read, interesting and well researched historical novel. Would read more by the same author. Believable story and characters. Will be looking for the next book in the series.
on 19 February 2005
The 'Sign of the sugared plum' was about a girl called Hannah who lived at the time of the Great plague of London. The book really moved me and made me feel like I was there, watching all that was going on. I recommended it to all of my friends and my teachers read it too. We all agreed that it was the best book ever!
on 2 November 2003
This is a really good book and you get to see what it is like for a girl living in London at the time of the plague. Hannah loses friends and has to be brave and face the terror of the plague.
on 2 February 2008
this book is fantastic!
i read it on holiday last year and although it took a while to get into, i could not put it down.
i think everyone should own a copy!
on 9 August 2013
Fantastic simple historical read for both older children and adults alike. I thoroughly enjoyed it! Just starting on the sequel Petals in the Ashes.
on 4 December 2012
Pretty good description of the poor villages in the time of the great plague.
Rather sudden ending. I look forward to the follow on book!
on 31 July 2013
My grandson had to work on an extended comprehension question on a SATS paper. He enjoyed reading about the plague so can now read more.