Customer reviews

Format: Electronics|Change

on 7 April 2013
I had to upgrade as ColorPlus would not work with Windows 8.
Much easier to set up. Does the job.
on 17 March 2013
very neat and simple to use, easy to follow instructions. Makes a difference and as a photographer I find it invaluable. Missed one star though as it's not quite clear on whether I should leave it on the desk in front of the monitor and where to place it at all times to read the ambient light, but generally it's great.
on 8 May 2015
Unfortunately this didn't do a good job calibrating my laptop so had to return
on 9 October 2014
Installed in minutes on two PC's so far and monitor calibration is easy. Takes about 10 minutes to do the basic calibration, I've not tried the advanced option yet.

Very happy with my purchase! The difference is clear with the before and after test images and in general desktop and gaming use.
on 24 June 2015
Bought this product after reading many positive reviews. I ran the calibration quite a few times, but I received LUT's error (a known error on forums as well as on X-Rite's website) and the calibration profiles varied from blue to neon yellow. I got bored of troubleshooting, so I've returned it.
on 22 November 2014
This colour calibration device is very easy to use and keeps my display "colour-honest". It replaces a Huey which suddenly stopped working, but this is more convenient in that I don't have to stick it to the display (it hangs with a counter-balance on the other side of the iMac).
on 9 September 2013
I was a bit cautious, having seen reviews about people struggling to get the product to work on Windows 7 64 bit, as that's my operating system, but I needn't have worried. Installed in 5 minutes then I found a button entitled "Update". When I pressed it the software magically updated itself to the latest version. When I plugged the "doofer" (or is it more properly called a "widget") in and laid it on the monitor it came up with a new, beautiful profile, in 5 minutes.

Calibrating my laptop was a bit more difficult because some idiot (aherm) laid the doofer on the screen the wrong way round the first 2 times and the software crashed. Once I had my wits about me it calibrated in minutes too.

When you hold the laptop next to the desktop monitor they are now identical. I knew they were different before but I wouldn't have known where to start to fix them.

Can't recommend it more.
on 3 April 2015
Does exactly what it should do and without any difficulty with the software installation or operation. The change to the colour rendering on my Alienware after using the tool is much closer to reality. As yet I have not printed any photographs..
on 28 July 2014
Brilliant, brilliant, simple and brilliant. This is definitely the sweet spot for monitor calibration equipment - a step up from the basic models, but still easy to use and great for a professional workflow. I'm hugely chuffed with mine.
on 12 October 2015
Still working on it. Having difficulty getting my eyesight to accept that a light shade of brown is actually white. Not sure what's happened there. I've had several discussions about this kit, mostly positive, so I'm working on it.