on 6 September 2015
As a long sufferer of anexity, I can confirm this really does takes the edge off all my worries.

Believe me I have tried everything from counselling, hypnotherapy and read just about every book.

I have taken prescribed Fluoxetine but was worried I would be in a constant dream world, and also my sex drive was almost non existent.

5 htp offers a more natural medication, so you still feel normal and ready to take on the world.

I take 3 in the morning and that sees me through the day, I have knocked it down to a 4 star though because I find I get a sickly stomach feeling for about 15 mins after I take them but it only lasts about 10 mins, but I would rather go through that then worry all day.

I have posted a photo to show how small the tablets are, as I know some people find it hard to swallow big tablets
review image
on 12 June 2017
Swear by this for lifting my moods when they start to dip. I once learned that this was the most prescribed supplement for depression in Germany.
It works in a similar way to Prozac (Fluoxetine) and I was once put on that. I've never had to go back on it as 5-htp works as well and can be taken earlier whereas I'd probably wait until I was worse before going to see a doctor for a prescribed medication to help.
It helps with sleep as well which also improves mood. As I am an anxious person under constant stress I also take ashwagandha for anxiety and they help enormously too as they stop those panicky feelings that hit when something happens or I am reminded of something worrying. It controls the release of cortisol which is what rises to wake us up every morning but if too high will wake us in the night at all hours. So these two supplements really help me live a fairly normal life.
on 7 December 2016
5htp is a amazing product have come off anti deppressents after 9 months of use and started using 5htp instead i take 1-2 capsules a day i feel any more is to much. Works great for mood and also sleep. Only side effect for me were extremely vivid dreams especially if i exceed 200mg some times nightmares that are extremely vivid very scary at times feels so real but thats just me everyone reacts different.
on 14 November 2015
I use this product daily, one capsule morning and evening and have been for the past three months or so. I find it effective in taking the edge off anxiety and stress during the day, and also to promote a more restful sleep, particularly when you have an overactive mind, or you're one of those people who wakes with a massive "to-do" list going around your head! Worth giving a try with efficient service from the supplier.
on 1 August 2015
This is a wonderful product! As someone who is of menopausal age and suffers from insomnia, I thought I would try this being as nothing else had worked so far. After a week, I found that I was able to sleep better and was feeling more relaxed in general. It is a natural product and I will probably continue to take this long term. I highly recommend giving this a try. It is surely better than herbal remedies that we do not know much about.
on 13 January 2015
Excellent - taken for nearly 2 weeks so far and very noticeable improvement in mood and positive outlook, especially since increasing dosage to 3 capsules per day. Actively decluttering, getting through the ironing, sorting mounds of paperwork etc ... wow!
on 2 March 2017
Ain't done myself in so must b workin !
on 15 December 2015
Made feel sick and anxious. I threw them away after the first time I tried them. I have used St John's Wort as an alternative to lift my mood and it has done the trick for me with no side effects, though again this does not affect some people in a positive way so suck it and see !
on 8 December 2015
I'm a different person, much happier, and less negative. Downside I have no hunger pangs,and although on reducing diet, need to eat something
on 22 January 2014
5HTP is a great product. I use it for depression and I have found that it works almost instantly. This particular brand is as good as any other. I also know people that have found it effective for migraine and insomnia with no side effects (depending on dose).