Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Discover more Shop now

on 22 June 2012
After playing other similar titles to this, Europa Universalis - Rome, Heats of Iron and Supreme Commander I decided to give this title a go. When playing the previous games I found them very hard to get to grips with as no or very little tutorial was given but with Sengoku, Paradox have done well to provide a very useful manual. Gameplay and graphics are very good although as with all these titles there are no RTS battles. All events take place on the campaign map. I would recommend this game to players of Total War who enjoy the campaign and other strategy fans although it may not be right for you if you are all about RTS style battles. Overall a good game and certainly worth buying at £2.99.
on 10 January 2013
I am a fan of both 'Shogun Total War' and 'Crusader Kings' so was eager to play this game. The reviews of it seemed good, but now I understand why it is selling for only £3.00. It looks wonderful with immense attention to detail to produce a map and people from the Sengoku period (i.e. Age of War) period of Japanese history. The mechanics are very similar to 'Crusader Kings'. As a leader you appoint officials and develop your provinces then war with opposing clans. As with 'Crusdader Kings', the diplomacy and relationships with your vassals are a central factor rather this being simply about fighting. The graphics are good looking too for this type of game.

I decided to start with one of the characters rated easiest to play. The instructions are good so I was quickly into the game. The key problem is that despite all the effort I made to build a territory I lost within minutes of playing. I tried again and again with a number of characters but the result was always the same. No matter what buildings I built, what armies I hired or levies I raised I could never get enough troops together to stop my numerous rivals stripping down my realm. Having such large armies fighting right from the start left no money for any development and as in many games of this kind, despite all the wonderful structures you supposedly can build, you are never going to get a chance as all your money goes on fighting. Having played for hours with the supposedly easiest to play lords, I realise no matter the size of the force I raised or which opponent I turned against first, there was nothing I could do to remain in the game. It is not helped that you find very large armies crossing your borders of a usually fragmented realm before you can even get your troops together and by the time they have marched to the province under attack you have lost it and find another similar assault in a province at the other end of your realm. You never seem to be able to get as many troops as your opponents. After so many rapid defeats in a row, I was naturally very disappointed.

I like realism in games and do not expect them to be a walk in the park. I recognise that this game is set during the Age of War, but the attacks are immediate and incessant that you cannot match them. This suggests that the game was not play tested or by people who knew it too well and were able to know where the attacks are to come. I was very upset at this turning out to be unplayable. I only give it 2 stars because it looks good.
on 1 February 2014
The in depth diplomacy that this game entails brings a whole new perspective to global dominance....a challenge but a must for all how want there name across the face of the planet!

Highly recommend this product to all who are interested in a product like this one.
on 20 November 2015
If you are a serious history buff and stratergy game fan then this is the game for you
on 8 December 2013
This is a good game. It's set in Feudal Japan and lets you lead your japanese nation to victory. It's diplomacy system is very detailed, and there's lots of opportunities for intrigue. The military system is robust, with cheap levies and permanent retinues - some powerful groups led by ronin. Overall, I would reccomend this to all fans of grand strategy games.