Customer reviews

on 17 March 2013
Wasn't expecting such a good result, I live in fairly poor signal area, the ariel I had was an expensive one but the picture I received was not a good one, it kept dropping out and pixilated, I couldn't watch tv, there was no point, so as a DIY minded person ordered the Digidome, it was reasonably price so if it didn't work I wouldn't of lost much, I fitted it in the attic, the old ariel only gave a one blinking green light on my signal tester, when I tested the Digidome it gave me two solid green lights without a fine tune, after ten minutes of fine tuning I got three light with the signal tester my tv has 113 tv channels now, I was lucky to get 60 channels before, that wasn't even worth watching.
I would recommend this product to my friends and family.
on 21 May 2014
Great item, but it is advertised as "Complete Kit". This is not quite the case as although there is a Coaxial Cable included so you can go from the power unit to the aerial itself, there is not a coaxial cable included which can plug in your TV from the power supply unit. It says "Not included" in the setup instructions yet it is required to make this setup work. There was enough of the cable left over, but not enough fixings are supplied to create the cable yourself.
on 12 September 2017
This was the second digi dome I have bought and received a dud. Swings and roundabouts! Only bought it because the first one is working wonderfully in the attic of my bungalow providing excellent reception for Freeview tv on a my smart telly.
on 20 March 2013
I bought this to run a smart TV in my garage.

Attached it outside at the top of the garage which is situated about four feet from my house. So not a 360 direct line of sight.

Plugged it into the TV and searched for the stations. I cannot remember how many the TV found but it was very near one hundred TV stations and 25 radio stations.

So, plenty to watch and listen to:-)

Highly recommended product.
on 13 August 2017
Arrived on time very easy to fit clear instructions very good item .no more checking to see if the wind as altered the direction of the old aerial great
on 4 February 2015
bought it and power supply is dead. thanks
on 20 March 2017

Wall Plugs
Coax Cable
Rubber Boots
Coach Screws
Female coax Adaptor and cable clips.

*** Installation ***

Installation was quick and easy - taking just a few minutes to install!

Previous to this aerial, I had used a loft aerial made by the same company. The problem I had found with the previous aerial was that it was massive in comparison and made positioning the aerial difficult. This aerial however is the complete opposite.

Due to its size, it is much easier to install and position. Once the bracket is in position, you simply need to twist the dome around in order to position it in the direction of your nearest transmitter. Now you might expect with the product being smaller, that the signal strength would suffer, however this provides a much better picture than the previous loft aerial.

Many of the other reviewers seem to suggest having the booster positioned by the TV. Personally I chose to position the booster in the loft by the aerial. I've always preferred to have the booster near the aerial itself as this always seemed to make more sense to me, and means the booster isn't out on show.

Amazon recommends purchasing this aerial with the Philex SLx - 27867R Digital TV Signal Strength Meter. This seemed like a good idea and although I was impressed with the build quality of the Signal Meter, I personally don't think it was necessary as I already knew the general direction of the transmitter and this didn't seem to be accurate enough to position any more accurately than I could by eye. I would imagine this would have been more useful for larger aerials where it is trickier to position but with the Digidome, I wouldn't bother.

*** Pro's ***

✓ Much smaller and lighter than a standard loft/outdoor aerial - making it easier to install and less likely to cause damage in the event of it being blown loose.
✓ Advertised as an outdoor aerial, however can be used in loft space too. Have even read reviews of people placing this aerial on top of fridges/wardrobes and attached to outside walls at ground level.
✓ Good built quality.
✓ Comes with a decent length of Coax Cable provided with the aerial.
✓ Much more reliable than a standard indoor aerial.

*** Con's ***

- The aerial support tube and bracket is ferrous metal thinly coated with paint. People planning on using the aerial outside may want to give it another coat of paint to avoid rusting.
review image review image review image
33 Comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 April 2012
SLx DigiDome Outdoor Digital Aerial and Kit

This is a really great product, giving amazing results at a bargain price.

Having had a run in with an aerial fitter; who wouldn't carry a ladder through my house on health and safety grounds, I was left with little option but to fit an aerial myself. I wasn't looking forward to this as I don't like working at heights so having read some other feedback for this item I thought I would give it a spin.

I live in a moderate residential reception area and upto now had relied on a loft aerial which had only given a weak to moderate signal strength.

This unit comes with the dome, fixing bracket, cable, splitter, bolts, connectors and transformer. The parts are of high quality and the package as a whole is very good value. Wall fixing is by way of wallplugs and screw bolts provided. You will need a large drill bit (11mm) and 10mm spanner to complete the bracket fixing.

I fixed the unit just above the top of the ground floor windows. The aerial cable then runs into the house to a splitter device by the TV. The transformer connects to the splitter and injects 12 volts into the aerial cable to power the dome aerials internal amplifier. A small red LED on the external dome indicates that power is flowing to the aerial.

Once connected you will need to rotate the dome to get the strongest signal and then tighten fixing bolts on the dome support cylinder to lock in place. There are two arrows on the dome to indicate direction of orientation. The arrows on my unit did not seem to correlate with the aerial direction of surrounding neighbours. By turning the dome and viewing the digital signal strength on the tv (best to have a partner for this) I was able to obtain a 100% signal strength reading, excellent picture quality and a few extra digital channels that I hadn't got from the origial loft aerial.

When you consider the price of the aerial, the saving on fitting cost and the excellent reception offered this is a really exceptional product.
on 25 April 2013
This is the second one I have purchased, small and neat, well made and easy to set up.
I live in an average reception area, and use these as in door aerials.
when setting up had aerial laying on bed, and still picked up all channels.
This was in a rear facing bedroom, which meant that reception usually impossible.
Have removed bracket assembly and placed in in a bed side lamp into the shade, so it is not unsightly.
Only tip I would give is keep it minimum of five feet away from television, which is the only way that I had problem with set up reception.
As an out door aerial, would look really neat and tidy, compared to usual type aerials.
If you are like me and tried many other indoor types and found them to be useless, pay the little extra for this as a indoor aerial.

Jim - Maidstone.