on 15 January 2012
Although I Did Not Purchase The SLx Digidome Via Amazon, I Thought I Must Write A Review As I Couldn't Find A Review Worthy Enough.

As I Live In A Weak Signal Area We Normally Have A High Gain Aerial Perched On A 10ft Mast. But Due To The Recent Bad Winds It Came Crashing Down.
I Was Very Dubious About Buying This Product As I Was Unable To Find Many Reviews But I Risked The Money And Went For The Plunge.

I Am Astonished In Every Way!

On Opening The Box I Was Delighted With The Look It's So Sleek And Compact.

I Thought I Would Test The Reception Of The DigiDome Indoors First...Remember I'm In A Weak Signal Area, With Buildings And Trees Surrounding My Property.

I Was Amazed That I Got A Signal Of 59% Quality And 70% Strength In My Living Room, Upstairs It Rose To 78% Quality And 80% Strength...WoW!!!

I Installed The DigiDome As High Up As I Could Get It Outside (Or Should I Say As Far Up As I Dare Go On The Ladders).

Rescanned The Channels And This Time I Received 100% Quality & 100% Strength...Fantastic!!
I Just Can't Believe That A Tiny Thing Can Do More Than My 10ft Mast.

This Has To Be One Of The Best Buys I Have Ever Made, The Price, The Quality And Looks...I'm So Glad I Took The Chance On This Product, Worth Every Penny!

(I Would Have Normally Purchased Via Amazon But The Only Reason I Didn't Was I Would Be Unavailable To Take Delivery.)
55 comments| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 April 2012
SLx DigiDome Outdoor Digital Aerial and Kit

This is a really great product, giving amazing results at a bargain price.

Having had a run in with an aerial fitter; who wouldn't carry a ladder through my house on health and safety grounds, I was left with little option but to fit an aerial myself. I wasn't looking forward to this as I don't like working at heights so having read some other feedback for this item I thought I would give it a spin.

I live in a moderate residential reception area and upto now had relied on a loft aerial which had only given a weak to moderate signal strength.

This unit comes with the dome, fixing bracket, cable, splitter, bolts, connectors and transformer. The parts are of high quality and the package as a whole is very good value. Wall fixing is by way of wallplugs and screw bolts provided. You will need a large drill bit (11mm) and 10mm spanner to complete the bracket fixing.

I fixed the unit just above the top of the ground floor windows. The aerial cable then runs into the house to a splitter device by the TV. The transformer connects to the splitter and injects 12 volts into the aerial cable to power the dome aerials internal amplifier. A small red LED on the external dome indicates that power is flowing to the aerial.

Once connected you will need to rotate the dome to get the strongest signal and then tighten fixing bolts on the dome support cylinder to lock in place. There are two arrows on the dome to indicate direction of orientation. The arrows on my unit did not seem to correlate with the aerial direction of surrounding neighbours. By turning the dome and viewing the digital signal strength on the tv (best to have a partner for this) I was able to obtain a 100% signal strength reading, excellent picture quality and a few extra digital channels that I hadn't got from the origial loft aerial.

When you consider the price of the aerial, the saving on fitting cost and the excellent reception offered this is a really exceptional product.
on 17 March 2013
Wasn't expecting such a good result, I live in fairly poor signal area, the ariel I had was an expensive one but the picture I received was not a good one, it kept dropping out and pixilated, I couldn't watch tv, there was no point, so as a DIY minded person ordered the Digidome, it was reasonably price so if it didn't work I wouldn't of lost much, I fitted it in the attic, the old ariel only gave a one blinking green light on my signal tester, when I tested the Digidome it gave me two solid green lights without a fine tune, after ten minutes of fine tuning I got three light with the signal tester my tv has 113 tv channels now, I was lucky to get 60 channels before, that wasn't even worth watching.
I would recommend this product to my friends and family.
on 22 November 2011
I bought this item planning to instal in my loft, and anticipating being disppointed, how could such a small aerial perform adequately when hidden in the loft. Well I'm pleased to say the product was easy to instal, easy to point towards a signal and worked first time, no adjustments. I will add that although we are behind a hill the nearest TV transmitter is only 5 miles away, so I assume I'm in a good signal area. Anyway, I am overjoyed with my purchase, especially at half the price I'd have paid with the big retailers.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 27 January 2015

Wall Plugs
Coax Cable
Rubber Boots
Coach Screws
Female coax Adaptor and cable clips.

*** Installation ***

Installation was quick and easy - taking just a few minutes to install!

Previous to this aerial, I had used a loft aerial made by the same company. The problem I had found with the previous aerial was that it was massive in comparison and made positioning the aerial difficult. This aerial however is the complete opposite.

Due to its size, it is much easier to install and position. Once the bracket is in position, you simply need to twist the dome around in order to position it in the direction of your nearest transmitter. Now you might expect with the product being smaller, that the signal strength would suffer, however this provides a much better picture than the previous loft aerial.

Many of the other reviewers seem to suggest having the booster positioned by the TV. Personally I chose to position the booster in the loft by the aerial. I've always preferred to have the booster near the aerial itself as this always seemed to make more sense to me, and means the booster isn't out on show.

Amazon recommends purchasing this aerial with the Philex SLx - 27867R Digital TV Signal Strength Meter. This seemed like a good idea and although I was impressed with the build quality of the Signal Meter, I personally don't think it was necessary as I already knew the general direction of the transmitter and this didn't seem to be accurate enough to position any more accurately than I could by eye. I would imagine this would have been more useful for larger aerials where it is trickier to position but with the Digidome, I wouldn't bother.

*** Pro's ***

✓ Much smaller and lighter than a standard loft/outdoor aerial - making it easier to install and less likely to cause damage in the event of it being blown loose.
✓ Advertised as an outdoor aerial, however can be used in loft space too. Have even read reviews of people placing this aerial on top of fridges/wardrobes and attached to outside walls at ground level.
✓ Good built quality.
✓ Comes with a decent length of Coax Cable provided with the aerial.
✓ Much more reliable than a standard indoor aerial.

*** Con's ***

- The aerial support tube and bracket is ferrous metal thinly coated with paint. People planning on using the aerial outside may want to give it another coat of paint to avoid rusting.
review image review image review image
on 25 April 2013
This is the second one I have purchased, small and neat, well made and easy to set up.
I live in an average reception area, and use these as in door aerials.
when setting up had aerial laying on bed, and still picked up all channels.
This was in a rear facing bedroom, which meant that reception usually impossible.
Have removed bracket assembly and placed in in a bed side lamp into the shade, so it is not unsightly.
Only tip I would give is keep it minimum of five feet away from television, which is the only way that I had problem with set up reception.
As an out door aerial, would look really neat and tidy, compared to usual type aerials.
If you are like me and tried many other indoor types and found them to be useless, pay the little extra for this as a indoor aerial.

Jim - Maidstone.
on 9 June 2012
I live in an area where reception is really bad and also ITV is on one transmitter and BBC is on another. We are therefore limited to having sky. I wanted to try and get digital TV in my daughters bedroom. Obviously indoor ariels are no good where we live and even an out door ariel is not great as once fited and pointing at one transmitter you cant get all the channels you want. So I thought I would try the Digidome, As i thought if it does not work I can always send it back. Now guess what, it works fine. No real problems with it at all. One or two channels get minor interference but on the whole all the major channels have a really good picture. Really impressed with this piece of kit. I am sure it wont work in every poor reception area, but I have to say it works perfectly well for me.
on 19 July 2012
Great product - my office is in a location surrounded by buildings and the signal couldn't be more interfered with from Crystal Palace but this little aerial gives a perfect signal and I get all the digital channels.
Highly recommended.
on 19 March 2015
I bought this aerial elsewhere (lower price) and I received it this morning. OMG I can't believe the difference in the signal quality. I live in a flat and we used to have a communal aerial until the council decided they were no longer supplying them after the changeover. The signal I was getting was 50% and below at times.

BBC1 and 2 were the worst ever, recently getting the worst they've ever been, breaking up, pixilation, disappearing picture ending up with black screen then it would return. I really was ready to tear my hair out! I was putting this DigiDome together thinking well here we go again, if it doesn't work I'll send it back. I really wasn't expecting too much, due to many disappointments in the past. I have traffic lights, Junction boxes, Trees, traffic, taxi's, buildings, Mobile phone Masts etc all around me so of things that can cause interference!

Got it all together (doesn't take long) plugged it in sat it on my kitchen window sill, VIOLA!!!!!! Amazing, Brilliant...signal is a fantastic 92% with no bit error. I'm as happy as a pig in poop!!!

Now for the bad news, I also have a 23" portable TV in my bedroom and I thought I would try the Digi in there before using it for my main TV as I have the same problem with that. It didn't work I'm afraid. it is very difficult to get a signal in there due to being surrounded by other flats and tree's etc.

I do get a picture however with a SLx 27790RG 4G Flat Digital Indoor Aerial (Available from Amazon, I bought the small booster separately) pressed right up against the window, propped up on a shoe box
(I know). I use this with a booster plugged into the back of the TV and the aerial plugged into the booster. I get 137 channels plus radio channels too with that, which is great, but I still suffer the same thing as before with the picture disappearing cutting out black screen then back again.

If anyone has any ideas on how to cure this please let me know, all sensible ideas gratefully received. If I take the booster off I get nothing.
Now I've taken a couple of pictures to show you how good the Digi is.
If you're swithering don't.......just buy it!!!
review image review image review image
on 5 March 2013
I liked the look of this product from the pictures as It looked small and neat. On arrival I opened up and found it to be smaller than I thought and came with everything you need to get a working freeview system. Very easy to set up. The only thing which could be hard for some if they don't know how to make the ends of to fit into the aerial and the freeview box.
Was not a problem for me as I have done this before but was very easy to do. Installation did not take to long at all.
The reason for me purchasing this outdoor aerial was because the internal ones were not working as we are in a not so good signal area.
Once the cables were connected and then powered up the power supply it worked straight away without having to retune the freeview box. But I thought I would retune any way to see if I could get any ore channels. I did got a lot more and the picture quality was great. I have only had it up for one day and all of last night it was great and no interference.
At this price from amazon it's a bargain and a tiny little aerial compared to the huge ones you see on top of houses and it works great. I didn't even install the aerial high, most probably about 3m high still the signal is fine.
I would recommend to everyone having problems with signal issues. Just need to be a bit of a DIY person.
I will update in the future to see how it has gone.

UPDATE 12th March 2013

Woke up this morning to more snow and have switched on the tele expecting no signal due to snow But how ever the aerial is still working fine and still have perfect picture and while watching dragons den a little notification came up on the tele saying extra channels added!
I'm so pleased. It's a must buy.