on 14 March 2017
Good little bag. The only down side is the length of the strap. Now I'm 6ft 4 and maybe not exactly representative of the average user, but this ends up like 3 inches below my nipple with the bag strap fully extended if carried in a cross chest fashion. That makes it kinda useless as a haversack. But I can replace the strap no problem and the bag itself is nice and sturdy, made from canvas so you can turn it into oil or wax cloth very easily (thats what I did) to water proof it.
on 8 August 2016
As a boy I used to buy authentic army surplus haversacks for all sorts of uses (like panniers for my bicycle) so I have a working reference for this type of bag. This bag is NOT army surplus quality, but for many it will be adequate. The fabric is soft with no significant stiffness (i.e. it's floppy), which may or may not be an issue. The seam stitching is a single line of wide-spaced stitches and so not very robust - I doubt it will resist carrying much weight over the years. What was definitely disappointing is that the shoulder strap is adjustable (both ends) but is rather short even at full extension. I'm 6'2" and at full extension reached the small of my back. I prefer to carry my bags lower, such as on my hip, so this doesn't support that habit. I'm keeping it but will use it with crossed fingers.
on 2 December 2015
I needed a small bag for out-and-about travels but hate the trendy 'man-bags' that retail for so much cash. The beauty of this one is its hard-wearing retro nature and absolute refusal to look fashionable. Naturally, if I lived in Shoreditch I'd be paying £100 for this. So, as somewhere to stash one's gentleman things (phone, tablet, glasses, camera, water, children's offloaded junk) without looking as you've stepped out of a Sunday supplement its just the job.

The bag is just how it looks. Simple, rough fabric with no fancy features. There are no internal dividers so its really flexible. It wont be waterproof so don't go swimming with it. Its not a big bag so don't expect to get a laptop or the kitchen sink in there. So get one of these and stop paying 5p for a carrier bag!

Only downside, was the vendor took ages to deliver but that doesn't diminish the product any
on 6 October 2016
This is a great fossil collecting bag and my children love it so much Father Christmas will be bringing another one. It fits a fossil hammer in length-ways, can hold a few books and stones/fossils etc. Its comfy to wear across your body for both children and adults. It seems well made with good seams that haven't strained or unraveled, it looks well made and is unbelievable value for the quality. It can be adjusted easily depending on your height and the colour is a nice pale washed out blue. The buckles are easy to use as well for little hands. All in all a great little bag!
on 22 August 2015
great little bag! just big enough for my 10" lap top and cables, a pencil case, a bottle of water, and a few other bits n bobs. the quality seems fine - no issues with seams, buckles or strap etc. it's not waterproof and doesn't have any internal organisation - but hey for this price, who cares?! i bought the bag for lugging about my archaeology gear, and it's perfect. would buy another if the one i've got ever gets worn out.

one more thing - if you're a man, buy a bag with a longer strap. i am a tall woman, and with the strap at its longest, the bag bounces nicely on my hip. but the bag would probably look too small or not hang down far enough if u were a tall / big bloke.
on 22 February 2012
This just what I was looking for, Amazon have done it again on price, delivery and overall service. By far this was the best value for money and I am very pleased with the quality of this product, thank you Amazon.
on 26 April 2017
I got these to make 'adventure bags' for my kids. I filled them with various outdoors tools and now my kids bring them whenever we go hiking or to the seashore or anyhwere else we may have an adventure. They are holding up acceptably well and are the perfect size for both their tools and their 'finds' (seashells, rocks, etc.).
I had an army surplus webbing bag as a boy. It lasted 15 years of hard wear. This product is not quite as heavy as the originals, but it feels tough and looks like old fashioned webbing. Useful for a period look. Just used it for a 1st World War re-enactment. Good for any out door activity.
on 13 August 2017
We used these as kids at school 30 odd years ago and loved them so we bought one for our 15 year old son. He loves it and he is going to use it for his PE kit. Only draw back is strap is not as long as we hoped for. A bit difficult for cross body.
on 25 January 2014
Was really pleased with this bag perfect for my lomo camera and all the accessories.. Has many other uses too, but to give an idea of space inside - could fit 6 or 7 DVDs in with a tiny bit of room to spare.. Does the job for me thanks!