on 25 September 2015
Order delivered quickly. Incidentally, there can be confusion between Melitta 102 filters and Melitta 1x2 filters. Despite what some people say, they are not the same. The 102 filters are slightly bigger (they are the same width but half an inch taller). The 102 filter papers fit better in our Melitta Optima coffee machine and, being slightly bigger, naturally means they hold more ground coffee.
on 12 May 2013
I would firstly recommend this product for use in KMix coffee makers as they fit to perfection. My local supermarket only sells the larger filters and because I don't like coffee granules spilling through the filter area into my coffee jug I had to previously cut the larger sized ones down to enable use in my KMix. This size of filter fits perfectly now and filters the coffee through as I require. The filters are also unbleached so that too is a bonus. I also am happy to be using these fiters for the whole day as I make coffee frequently in the small capacity KMix. I will buy again from this seller as the price is reasonable and the quality is good
on 16 March 2014
Yes just checked, £1.18 a pack of 40 Melitta filters in any Tesco.
Why pay twice the price (when postage added). Buy in a supermarket.
supermarket works out 3p per filter, buying here works out 5p per filter. Nearly double!
on 20 March 2014
Great filters, only ever used these ones. Supermarkets do not stock,them anymore. Having asked them why they sell 102 instead of 1x2 we've been told that they are the same.......personally I think that the buyers may not make their own coffee and so wouldn't have a clue about filter bag sizing :-(
on 22 March 2014
The filter was like any other coffee filter, have been using coffee filters for over 45 years. Lately due to other methods of brewing coffee,filters are sometimes now hard to get.
As normal supplier had run out for some time decided to order via the net.In order not to run out of filters in the very near future, I proceeded to order 4 packs. Directly I was not satisfied with the postage charged
so went into contact with the supplier.On receiving their reply I immediately cancelled the order. They proceeded to send the order.
In the mean time found another supplier locally at 1/3 of the price of product and postage.
on 8 February 2013
Since my local Tesco (a "superstore" sized one at that) stopped stocking these, online is the only way I can get them. In the interim, I tried the washable filter that came with my coffee maker, but it lets tiny, bitter dregs through and the coffee tastes terrible. I also gave kitchen paper a go! Terrible. These filters are the only thing that let all the right things through to the coffee and keep all the bitter particles out.

I just wish the price was more competitive -- used to be £1.19 for 40 in Tesco; online they're higher per unit plus 1.99 shipping. Since they're needed, makes me feel a bit held hostage to the slightly higher costs of continuing to use them, hence one star missing. It's a great product though, and nothing substitutes.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 November 2012
Well, they are coffee filters and do their job! The only slight criticism is that they were considerably more expensive than buying from supermarket, but then I am in the middle of the desert working abroad, so appreciate getting them out here.
on 11 May 2014
Coffee filters
These are just coffee filters. They do the job they are supposed to. They are sturdy and hold the water and coffee grounds without leakage. The water filters through at a satisfactory rate
on 4 May 2014
These smaller Melitta coffee filters have become impossible to find here in Rome. Now I can easily and inexpensively have them sent from the UK. HOORAY! I raise a cuppa to both Melitta and Amazon.
on 1 March 2014
Fits perfectly does the job well and the price is good but if you like strong coffee I would make it in a filter jug and not use the filter cone

See one answered question