Size: 16GB|Change

on 6 January 2012
I've read a lot of reviews with micro sd cards not meeting expectations with their class. This is not the case with Verbatim.

I took the liberty to do a speed test (using H2testw):

Warning: Only 15270 of 15271 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 14.4 MByte/s
Reading speed: 16.0 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

I think the results speak for itself =D. Not to mention it is decently priced.
Works very well with my ASUS Transformer.
on 26 March 2012
First class memory card. Purchased from Kikatek, excellent service. SPEED TEST WITH FLASH MEMORY TOOLKIT: READ 19.6 MB/s WRITE 15.9 MB/s.
Really good value for money.

GREAT CARE MUST BE TAKEN WHEN REMOVING FROM PACKAGING. I USED A HOBBY KNIFE AND CUT THE PACKAGING AROUND THE CARD, THEN LIFTED THE CARD AND HARD PLASTIC COVER FROM THE BLUE CARDBOARD THEN WITH A LITTLE GENTLE COAXING IT CAME OUT OF THE PLASTIC.
on 21 March 2012
Let the numbers speak:

Total space: 14.90GB
Available space: 14.90GB
(as you can see technically it's 15GB not 16GB)

Samsung 8Gb Class 2 (my old one)
.............................................

Reading speed: 13.1 MByte/s

Verbatim 16Gb Class 10
...............................

h2testw 1.4
Writing speed: 12.7 MByte/s (+ 7.22)
Reading speed: 16.6 MByte/s

SD Tools 2.4
Writing speed: 8.7 MByte/s ( + 3.2)
Reading speed: 19.4 MByte/s

In conclusion we have a ~45-50% increase in writhing speed.
As we can see in reality, the 2 vs 10 class gap is not dramatic at all.
I bet that the difference between class 10 and 4 will be even less significant.

Whit that being said, I will recommend the SanDisk 32Gb class 4 for the awesome price of 20 quid.

As for me I'm utterly satisfied with my purchase, but... not blown away.
on 3 December 2012
Bought for the name and worked perfectly for a few weeks, then just stopped. Had it in my Galaxy Ace. Replaced with a 4GB cheaper item, now fine. Have bought Verbatim on numerous occasions with great success, this item has sadly let them down.
on 31 January 2016
The packaging is terrible. I thought I'd received a lid of another package! It was really hard to open - I didn't damage the chip, but I could understand anyone who did. Other than that, it's a memory card and it works.
on 27 July 2015
Bought three of these for use with a BeagleBone single board computer. They work reliably and the transfer rate is very good. The only problem is that the surface is hard black plastic and conventional marker pens just don't do anything, so how do you tell which is which?

(In the end discovered that Staedtler metallic markers will write on them.)
on 14 December 2011
I chose this because it's class 10, which means at least a 10MB/s transfer speed. So far it hasn't gone below 12MB/s.
It gives 14.9Gb of free space, and works as expected in my Nokia C2-01.
Using a generic USB adapter from amazon to connect to a PC, as it doesn't come with one.
on 24 November 2012
Bought this for my sisters HTC Desire X.. She is very happy with it... Access speeds are fine for her purposes considering it is a class 4 card.... and also the price is excellent compared to what I have seen elsewhere
on 20 October 2015
Not sure what I can review about an 8gb sd card that hasn't already been said IDK.

However some years since purchase its still storing my data and hasn't corrupted or been lost so that's a Berty bonus!
on 8 September 2014
I only just opened it today (arrived early August and was away most of the month). I struggled and struggled to open it. Worst packaging EVER. And to add insult to injury, cannot write to card, it is locked, something wrong with it. Gone past the 30 days return policy so have to return to Verbatim. VERY ANNOYED. Don't buy this. It is AWFUL