on 18 July 2012
A nice, well finished comfortable product, with even, well made lenses (no wiggly line frustration and headaches). A real blessing for those of us who leave reading glasses around the house and then forget where we left them: these are stylish enough to wear at any time, robust enough to endure the rigours of the kitchen or workshop and economic enough that if something does happen to them, I won't weep (as I might if I smash my fancy French prescription ones). I may very well be buying another pair, so I can leave them in other places!
on 29 October 2011
Bought this item as a gift, although states black it is faintly tortoiseshell like - not a real problem though. Receipient of these frames really happy with specs and uses them daily. Product durable enough, and packaged well. Verdict: Recommended! :)
on 23 September 2014
Very nice reading glasses, good quality plastic lenses, the glasses seem well made and are comfortable to wear. I like to be able to put on my glasses with one hand which I can with these as they are larger than a lot of metal framed glasses. Can't fault them really, apart from the fact that the lenses are plastic...which I find difficult to keep clean.
on 24 July 2012
I am one of those people that loses/breaks my reading glasses all of the time, but these are perfect.
They are inexpensive with the added bonus of the retro look, and for what we paid for I couldn't have asked for anything more.
Well worth the money, I love them.
on 10 January 2013
If you need a lightweight spare pair of reading glasses that look understated and simple these are great value.The plastic lenses and frame make them comfortable to wear for an hour or so. I always have 'nose bridge' marks and these are better than a lot of of ones I have had in the past. The metal hinges have a tiny screw to adjust the arms, but you'll need to get a case or pouch. Perfectly acceptable and you too can look like 'Clarke Kent'!!! Must fly.
on 12 March 2014
These glasses are fantastic ,look smart, well made, if like me you are new to glasses and were unsure do not look anywhere else but these glasses even my son said they were cool !!!

.And their customer service is very very good ,delivery was quick and well packaged .Defiantly be a bookmark page,

suit "oval" shaped face especially
on 17 January 2015
These are pretty good and have opened up a whole new world of sight to me that I never knew that I had lost. Like the design and when I remember to use them add so much to my reading and eyesight in general. They look pretty snazzy too...
on 8 December 2014
I only have one pair of expensive glasses so when the lenses need changing I am stuck. I haven’t got round to getting a second pair as it works out too expensive to change the bifocal lenses, so I have always made do until the new prescription is ready. I spend the majority of my day on a computer so you can imagine how difficult this can be without specs. This time I got the prescription from the opticians and decided to see if I could get a cheap pair to keep me going which was only a couple of days but LONG if you don’t have anything at all. I came across these glasses and what can I say absolutely brilliant they are as near to the prescription as I could get and were a good replacement until my designer glasses were ready. Now I have them in my draw at work as backup. I am going to order another pair to keep at home as well !
on 21 March 2013
Good everyday glasses and quite fashionable. Would not want to look too close as cheaply made.
They do the job and doesn't matter if you lose them so ideal for people who forever lose glasses. Get what you pay for and not disappointed with purchase.
on 22 March 2013
I like spex with big lenses so I am pleased with these. Delivery was prompt.

They are also very, very trendy at present - I've just seen as pic of Kate Winslet at some premiere wearing a pair which looked just like these. The popularity of Mad Men has made all things early Sixties highly fashionable.

I hope that includes me!

They are also comfortable to wear and seem pretty good optically. I must need glasses because I certainly can't find the adjusting screw on the hinge which another reviewer mentions!

Also I haven't sat on them yet and have only had them a day, so don't know how strong they are.

Come and join us on Geek Street!

See one answered question