on 23 August 2017
OK
on 31 December 2012
There's some helpful stuff in here, and it's cheap and quick to read - so if, like me, you want lots of new books on this subject to keep your motivation going, it's ok. But... it's rather American - and somewhat annoying to be told what she considers "essential" - rather more than could ever fit into a 2-bedroom flat in London! It assumes each of your children has his/her own bedroom, that you have a basement, garage, car, large kitchen etc. ... None of which is true for me!
on 11 October 2014
Relaxing to sort your mind in order
on 18 July 2012
Sallie Fenton's book 'If I'm so Smart, Why Can't I Get Rid Of This Clutter' Is the book I wish I had had Twenty years ago before my life and house became so cluttered. It is full of really good advice and common sense and she takes you through decluttering step by step, not just your home but your mind and soul too. I am halfway through the book and have already started to give myself permission to let go of some of my mothers things that I don't like and nobody else in the family wants. So now I am on the right path - but what about my husband and kids who are all dyslexic and will never read Sallie's book and have no idea that they have so much clutter? I just hope that they may be influenced by my actions and decide that they could improve their lives (and mine) by sorting, recycling and throwing the stuff they have accumulated over the years. I just can't reccommend this book highly enough - it's brilliant! The only way it could be improved on is if a little 'Sallie' clone came with it to sit on your shoulder and whisper her advice and affirmations in your ear.
on 21 January 2013
I quite enjoyed some of this book, particularly the beginning which was about getting rid of physical clutter in your house, which I am always trying to do. However, it was quite repetitive and expected you to write down your feelings, etc. which I was not about to do. Much of the information I had already worked out for myself but then I am probably older than the writer. I was amused that she advises you to keep wrapping paper, ribbons, etc. for recycling. I do this but it does, of course, add to the clutter so I thought she would not approve. Overall, I am glad it is on my Kindle and not on my bookshelf!
on 20 August 2013
Easy writing style, with plenty of tips I had seen before but lots that were new. Sallie also understands the emotional aspects of clutter so the book is both practical and sensitive. One of the best books of its kind I have ever read.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 27 November 2012
I bought this book when I was feeling overwhelmed with life. The builders were due, the house was groaning under the weight of my
lethargy.

I downloaded a sample first and realised I like the way the author speaks to you, so I got the book.

I have managed to turn my life around somewhat, its probably due to the positive words in this book and some other stuff, like sorting out my medical overdose....

Her main message is "even if you can only manage a very little, just do it and be pleased with yourself". She's right.
on 3 March 2013
There is not much more to add. Make a list of things to declutter and stick with it - over time this works.
on 14 August 2013
A cheap purchase but not easy to use on Kindle. The first chapter bamboozled me. It's probably better in print. I want a way to fix things not someone else's lists of task only identified by numbers and a running commentary of their cluttered thought process.
on 12 August 2013
Didn't like it at all.
Half the time I didn't even understand what she was talking about! Hard work reading it. Gave up in the end and deleted it.