TOP 500 REVIEWERon 6 March 2013
I was just about 13 years of age when I first heard
the music of Don and Phil Everly, two brothers from
Kentucky, USA who wooed the teenagers of the late
1950's and 1960's.

Such classics as Cathy's Clown, Claudette, Wake up
Little Susie, All I Have To Do Is Dream, lots of
old favourites are here, with a few missing in this
50 track double CD plus one or two that I have never
heard before.
The songs have all been remastered for this compilation
album but do not seem to have lost any of the old
atmosphere.

Takes me back to those heady days of sitting listening
to the 45rpm vinyl recordings on the juke-box in Tom's
Cabin Coffee Bar in Otley, when I was full of teenage
angst. With Don and Phil now in their seventies, it
makes me realise just how old I am too, but it's fun
to wallow in nostalgia from time to time.

A bargain.
33 Comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 15 March 2014
ITEM ARRIVED IN GOOD TIME AND ORDER. I BOUGHT IT ON HEARING OF THE DEATH OF ONE BROTHER AND REALISED THAT, THOUGH I GREW UP LISTENING TO THEIR MUSIC, IN THE '50S/'60S, I DIDN'T HAVE ANY OF IT IN MT COLLECTION. THIS ALBUM IS GREAT LEGACY OF 2 BROTHERS WHO CHANGED THE 'FACE' AND SOUND OF MUSIC AND, NO DOUBT, INPSPIRED OTHERS WHO FOLLOWED.
on 21 July 2017
fab cd the best ever brothers,voice great.
on 19 January 2013
I am most impressed on this album. It contains all of the best songs from the Everly Brothers. So well produced.
on 1 June 2014
This is a CD full of surprises and new tracks I hadn't heard before it will go well with my radio program and it is worth adding to anyones collection of music from this error
on 21 November 2016
works ok
on 27 December 2015
Great collection from a great band. Takes me back to my childhood.
on 13 July 2013
Wonderful album. Has all the old hits as I remember them rather than newer versions. Great price too. If you remember the Everly Brothers this will take you back to your youth.
on 8 January 2014
At the tender age of 16 I bought my first 45rpm - Cathy's Clown. Now 53 years on, I have bought this wonderful compilation. No complaints, just easy listening.
on 6 November 2013
this is a fabulous cd filled with memories for me a few songs that I have not heard before but great' I would recommend to anyone who are Everly Brothers fans worth every penny.