Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.35

on 9 February 2000
As with Michael Prescotts' previous book 'Comes the dark' Stealing Faces was amazing, a really entertaining book with plently of 'on the edge of your seat' entertainment. It's a book that once you have started reading, you just can not put it down, it took me a matter of days to finish. It was definitely a good read and can not wait for the next thrilling account to be produced. Anyone who enjoys a good detective/thriller/crime book definitely deserves to read this book, trust me, it's an exceptional read with a splendid story line.
on 27 April 2001
So scarey, so well written, so real..it was fantastic...I sat and read it over a 2 day period, it was well written, well thought out, and so well put together, and SO frightening, I actually checked a few times to see if it wasn't true crime! It had me spellbound from the 1st page to the very last word! Im definitly ordering the rest of his books.
on 1 April 2013
I enjoyed this book took a little bit to get into it ... was great value and will read more
on 16 August 2011
This book was mentioned on the Kindle shop and I thought I'd give it a go for the 86p charged. Thank you, Kindle, for introducing me to a writer new to me that delivers so much.

There's a mystery at the beginning as a woman appears to be stalking a psychiatric doctor but it soon becomes apparent that the doctor is a murderer. But will anyone believe the woman with her history?

I don't want to give away more than the Amazon blurb already does.

This book just grabs you from the very begiining and builds up the tension chapter by chapter. This is one rollercoaster of a book and I just wonder why I haven't previously come across the suthor.

And when I finished it I immediately went to the Kindle shop and downloaded another from this accomplished suspense author!!

KIndle formatting is good
Thrillers are not really my genre, I bought this more for the price, £0.86, on offer at the time and the other good reviews.

However, it was brilliant, keeping me hooked every step of the way. Yes, I was thoroughly exasperated by (alias) Elizabeth Palmer's actions at times, sometimes so thoroughly reckless they had me shaking my head, but of course this just added to the gripping nature of the story which just built all the way through.

This is the first book I've read by Michael Prescott and I liked his literary style and would read more by this author. I was gripped from the very beginning all the way through to the end and finished the book within a few days.

I'm a big fan of the TV programme Criminal Minds and this could have been one of their very best plots - highly recommend.
on 5 October 2012
This is a perfect example of how a thriller should be written.

Intelligent and intriguing it brings the blood to the boil, making you want to scream at the characters.

The story is based around a woman named Kaylie Macmillan who was interned in a Psychiatric unit in Arizona named Hawks Hill for killing her husband. In an audacious escape bid, she goes on the run, stalking the Psychiatrist there-John Cray, who is in fact a sadistic serial killer.

The plot spirals and drags you into the torment and frustration of Kaylie who is simply labelled a psychopath despite her efforts to unearth the true nature of Cray to the police.

The plot has some original touches, concerning the killers collection of skin of womens faces he kept in his cellar, as like Ed Gein's exploits, and Prescott delves deep into the psyche of the killer leaving no stone unturned.

My only glitch with the book (and a minor one) is that a more befitting fate should have met Cray as the one met at the end, maybe it have been slightly more dramatic.

But all in all a brilliant novel that kept me hooked for hours. A Deserved 9.5\10
on 8 February 2012
Stealing Faces is a gripping and scary book, horrific in parts. Like many other readers, I couldn't put it down, it got better and better right up until the last page.

I had not read any of Michael Prescott's books before and wasn't sure how much I would like it. I did worry at the beginning that the story line would alternative just between John Cray (the bad man) and Elizabeth Palmer (the pursued) and it was a relief when Roy Shepherd entered the scene and I began to see how Elizabeth might just stand a chance.

I was trying to imagine how this book would come over as a film and think I might have spent a lot of time with my head buried under a cushion - it was really tense at times, in fact most of the time, the pace was fast and the storyline forever moving and it was difficult to anticipate where it would go next.

The book was well written. Sometime you get just the good plot but the rest lacks depth - but this book was excellent in both respects. I am looking forward to reading more from Michael Prescott.
on 20 November 2011
I don't normally write book reviews, but I just wanted to say that this book was fantastic. It gripped me right from the start and I could barely bring myself to put it down. It was well worth the 86p I paid for it, and I'm now looking to buy more books from this author. Buy it!
on 8 November 2012
From the first page the reader is fully aware of the gruesome end to each victim. Once again Prescott puts turns and twists into the storyline, giving each character such depth, that the reader feels empathy. The attention to detail, making the characters real, their thoughts and actions. Cray, supposedly so respectable, confident in his own beliefs; Elizabeth the stalker - why, what for? As each page slowly unfolds the connection between the two main characters, the reader is torn as to who is the victim. Why is that Detective Shepherd is so blinded by the circumstances of his wife's death, but he doesn't know what the reader knows. An exceptionally good read, that was nothing less than I expected.
on 25 November 2011
I loved this book, the auther very cleverly ensures you are sympathetic to the main characters, the pace and tension cranks up to the point where my heart was literally in my mouth! No book has really achieved this for me since Stephen Kings The Shining. The main villain is believable and not a formulaic cliche like in some of this genre, the other main characters are well rounded so you develope an empathy that ensures you care what happens and are routing for them.Even the few supporting characters added good value and helped pad out the believability and again pace. I can easily see this as a movie! I will definately be reading more from this auther! ten out of ten from me!!