on 15 September 2016
I was worried the pipe was too small to catch big garden spiders but it sucked them up no problem. You don't even have to put the pipe fully round the spider on a flat surface to get good suction. Which is great if the spider is in the corner of the room. Great quality. I can finally evict them myself. Fast delivery too.
on 22 June 2017
Came 2 days before it said so wicked for that!
Not very strong but enough to suck up 8 xl locust at one time and easy enough to move them into a separatw tub without hurting any locust
on 10 June 2017
Came in good time and was easy to put together. I've makes it down because the suction is pretty much ineffective at pulling spiders into it. The length is good so you don't feel like you need to get close up but a long tube without a motor would pretty much do the same as you really are just knocking the spider into the tube
on 26 June 2017
- using it alot for small moths at the moment. i use a grasper type for the huge spiders but for most i use this one.
on 30 September 2015
brillient
on 3 July 2017
Haven't used it yet but looks ok
on 10 August 2017
Did not stuck up even the smallest flying insect!
on 3 September 2011
Having been a lifelong arachnophobe (hmmm - not sure about that spelling!!), I bought this item hoping that I'd be able to get rid of spiders from my home with the minimum amount of fuss and fear ..... and I can honestly say that it has definitely more than delivered. Collecting spiders has now become a very simple matter of sucking them up into a clear tube (just like hoovering really) and trapping them there with a plastic stopper. Voila - job done! .... And, because of the length of the tube, I'm able to keep my distance at all times - brilliant! I have also used my spider vac to get rid of other annoying insects, including flies.
One of the best things about this item is that it doesn't harm spiders or insects at all and they can be freed outside your house (or, as in my case, get in the car, drive two miles down the road to the next village and 're-home' them there! - yes, I really am that paranoid!!!!).
Honestly, I can't recommend this item enough. In fact, I liked my first one so much I bought a second - one for downstairs and one for upstairs.
99 Comments| 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 June 2013
I could have paid much less from other sellers on Amazon, but I chose to buy from this seller (Cyclaire) as the product seemed to be a better model (with new Turbo Booster). Well, this is just a marketing trap. The turbo booster is not in the engine of the vacuum, but it is a little tip compartment completely useless. Don't buy because of this!

Although the vacuum is not strong, it is powerful enough for small insects. I have used it many times with moths, flies and small size spiders (but some had long legs). Even without using the vacuum it is possible to capture the insects with this, so it is worth it! Much better than killing them or having the trouble to put them in a jar to release after.
on 25 October 2011
This is a superb product, I have so far trapped a spider, wasp, daddy longlegs and several flies and bluebottles!!
Tempted to buy another so that I can have one upstairs and one down...highly recommended to anyone who has an issue with spiders and creepycrawlies!!