on 26 July 2011
I wanted a USB Hub that would connect to my laptop via a single USB & enable me to connect my mouse, printer, scanner, keyboard, camera, MP3 player etc.

This device works great - connected to by Windows 7 laptop & was straight away recognised (no extra s/w or special driver required).

This USB Hub also includes a connectoin for a separate power supply input; I assume this is required if your USB devices need power. No Power supply is supplied with this device but I have found no problem with all my devices so far - but, its handy to have the connector if later its needed.

Overall, this is a small neat Hub, with suffieinct space between USB sockets for fat USB connections & includes a blue LED which remain illuminated to show when its powered on plus a power on/ off switch.

This is a Great product & super value.
on 26 August 2011
This item seemed the best candidate for my need but I was suspicious of the quality at first. After opening the sealed plastic container, I put the unit on the palm, trying to suss out how good it could be. The unit has a switch to shut USB signals out which is handy. It did not take so long to see that this was a good purchase. The 10 ports are the perfect amount, the beauty of bus-powered connection, the construct is decent and compact enough on the desk. The blue LED in the centre part when powered is also a good helper and adds a bit nice ambience. I have not encountered any fault yet after a month's use with a monitor's USB feeder, a Macbook, a hard drive, a digital camera, a laser printer and a phone charger. Although I have not tested all 10 devices connected with power on simultaneously, it will not be my usage anyway. It supports both Windows and Mac. There is a DC input although the package does not include a power adaptor. Overall, it is an inexpensive handy item, I am happy with this.
on 27 October 2011
The item arrived on time and was well packaged. It is well made and connects easily to a PC. I'm using it with Windows XP which had no problems recognising it. BUT, this unit is not powered and so can only support a connection with powered equipment such as printers, scanners, etc.. It cannot be connected to unpowered equipment such as some keyboards, optical mouse, etc.. There does appear to be an input on the side for a power cable but no such cable is supplied, nor is there any instructions. I did try (probably stupidly)to plug in a spare power cable (from another hub which I have) with very odd results! I would not recommend anyone attempts this. Having said that, it did resolve my connectivity problem and the product fitted my purpose.
on 17 February 2012
This is a superb hub that does everything that it is supposed to do. It is small and very neat and can sit on top of your desktop tower easily and unobtrusively. Also would take up little space next to a laptop. USB 2.0 allows it to be able to transfer date plenty fast enough and anyway as far as I know there are not that many USB 3.0 devices available yet. It is plug and play and had a lovely blue light illuminated along the top of the hub so that you know it is on. The best thing of all though is that it does not need to be plugged in to the electrical mains as it draws the power it needs through the computer
on 9 January 2016
3-year usage Review::

Right, how many products are still working after 3 years of use?
How many products would after 3 years gain a 4-STAR review?

This one "sort" of does!
As it's a USB 2, having upgraded my laptop, and that comes with USB3, I have had to purchase an alternative Hub, as this one worked, but didint like USB3.
But after nearly 3-years constant daily usage, This product is BRILLANT​!
on 6 February 2012
This is exactly what i needed. Many other types have the USB connectors in a line and are spaced too closely for anything other than the smallest moulded connectors. Meaning that you can't put USB sticks side by side. This one gets over that problem by spacing the sockets in two rows of five meaning you can insert what you want, where you want. Its neat, its tidy, it works well, its USB2.0 and i would thoroughly recommend it
on 12 March 2013
When I got this I was concerned that there may not be enough power to run everything I'd connect to this, but it works great with a keyboard, mouse, USB mic, WebCam, wireless hub for another keyboard, memory stick, all of which take power from it and a few other things which don't.
on 14 November 2011
Update Jan 2015 (1 star):
The hub became increasingly erratic, and after a few months failed completely. Replaced with a (more expensive) HooToo®USB 3.0 10-Port Hub + 2 smart charging ports(5V/2.1A) with 12V 5A 11ft Power Adapter & 3.3ft USB 3.0 Cable, Supporting Windows, Mac & Linux.

My review from 14 Nov. 2011 (4 stars):
A small, neat black box on the end of about half a metre of cable, it does the job and looks smart sitting on the top of my PC (it even has the same colour scheme, black with a blue LED). My only slight concern is that after waking my PC, Windows fails to re-detect some of the items plugged into the hub; replugging sorts that out albeit in a rather inconvenient way. However, it's always the same products that do get detected, and always the same products that don't, so I suspect it's a software issue.
on 25 December 2011
I initially gave this 10-port hub 4 stars because it was easy to set up and converted one USB 2.0 port to 10 ports, allowing connection of USB hardware and easy swapping of files between lots of USB memory sticks. However, things rapidly went downhill. My p.c. keyboard (connected through the hub for ease of access) failed to operate - although it would be revived every time by re-booting the system. This got to be a real pain.

Similarly, every time I attached a memory stick I was told "This device will operate faster if connected to a USB 2.0 port" (it was).

I ended up returning it for a refund. Not recommended.
on 6 March 2012
The product was delivered quickly and the packaging was adequate.

It is what it is described as - a connector + a casing with 10 ports.

The instructions for use are minimal (to say the least). I was quite happy to buy a separate power supply and had assumed that the instructions or the product would have some information on what would be required - I assumed 5 volts output, but what wattage (given a potential for a fairly heavy drain if 10 devices are attached and operational at the same time)?

However, there is no information, no CE-marking and no indication of positive and negative anywhere on the packaging or the product. Not very helpful.

See one answered question