on 21 June 2017
Downloaded every for free and was pleasantly surprised it turned out to be a good read and kept me interested all the way through.
on 27 March 2013
As I'm an Environmental Studies student I was really intrigued to find out more about this ecological thriller. I was not disappointed! I thoroughly enjoyed this pacey action thriller with all the drama of a Cussler adventure.
on 19 March 2012
Really enjoyed this fast paced book and the characters were very believable. The content was very interesting and I did wonder if it was all fantasy or whether there was any fact to it!
on 14 May 2013
I must say I'm impressed with this author, he manages to keep you turning pages and has the ability to make you think about what you're reading about the environment and the impact that Global Warming appears to be having. A difficult book to put down once its picked up! Cant wait to read more from this guy!!
on 17 March 2013
Once I started reading this, I could not put it down. Having had a holiday in the area of south west Wales it brought that part of the adventure to life, and it was easy to imagine the car chase through the narrow lanes.
I have already downloaded Impact Point and look forward to adventure
on 15 February 2016
I received a complimentary Audible code from the author in return for an honest review.

This is the first book in the Robert Spires series of thrillers. I really enjoyed it.

This book is narrated by Chris MacDonnell, who did an excellent job of bringing the story and characters to life. I did find, however, some of his reading pace a little too slow for my taste. His voice became so soothing that I felt myself nodding off. Now, this is not really a bad thing. However, as this is meant to be a thriller, falling asleep listening to it is!

Robert Spire is an interesting character. I liked him a lot. He is an environmental lawyer. He becomes involved in a mystery when he is made executor of Dr. Dale Stanton's will. As Robert delves deeper into the mystery of his charge's death, danger lurks in shadowy corners. Will Robert be able to find the truth, or will he die trying?

This is an intriguing story. I must admit that I did find the story a little difficult to get into at first. The story has several different points of view from several of the characters. I did find this a little confusing at times. Nevertheless, as the story unfolded, I began to enjoy it. There are several characters I liked, though a few of them fell foul of the Russian assassin, Ksenyia Petrovsky. They included Dr. Stanton, Francois Trimaud and Doris Stanton amongst others. However, there were a few other characters I didn't care for. These were the brothers' Farhim and Faric, as well as their servant, Gomez. These three men made me shudder! You'll have to read or listen to the book to find out why.

This story delves heavily into climate change and the science of reversing it. However, although I agreed with most of the author's views with regard to certain things, there were aspects, I felt, that were not explored well enough, or did not answer fully my own thoughts on climate change. Granted, this is a thriller and not a philosophical debate, so things were not as clear cut. In a way, I can understand the reasons behind Farhim and Faric's actions, even though I wouldn't condone it. I did find, however, some of the scenes to be rather drawn out, which made it lose some of the flow. A thriller is meant to build suspense for the reader. Unfortunately, I only found the last third of the book to be thrilling, as it culminated in a dangerous cat and mouse chase with the Russian.

Greed is a terrible vise. Unfortunately, I could see something like what happened in the book happening for real, which makes me incredibly sad. I have no answer to climate change. However, we need to all work together to slow down the impact we have on the atmosphere. We also need to plan better for more severe storms, floods, droughts and other weather related issues. We need to adapt to the weather quicker. Mother nature/ Earth is responding to our parasitic activity, she is completely within her rights to do so.

Simon Rosser has written a thought provoking action thriller. I love his writing style, though I did find it not as fast paced as other thrillers I have read it the past. This also affected the flow in my opinion. Other readers may not have the same response as myself.

Due to some scenes of a gruesome nature, I do not recommend this book to younger readers, or those of a nervous disposition. However, I highly recommend this book if you love spy thrillers, crime thrillers and mysteries. - Lynn Worton
on 2 December 2013
I save five stars for books that are the best I've read in a while. Sort of an A+.

I enjoyed this book. I usually read sci-fi, but am an environmentalist, so found this book satisfying. I enjoyed the concept the scientists were using -- I thought that was clever. I enjoyed the interaction between the "good" guys. My favorite character was the French doctor, who was always trying to lighten the mood -- and, of course, I can't remember his name! LOL

I found the reading compelling, and had a hard time putting my Kindle down. For those of you who expect every book to be held to the highest standards in the world, this is not for you, but it is fun and interesting reading. And it was over 500 pages. I like long books.

Mr. Rosser, "He LENT backwards to see what was going on." Lent is the past tense of LOAN. The proper word is LEANED.

The things I didn't like. There was at least one misused word in this book. There were also some typos, punctuation errors, but mostly over lookable.

The thing I found tedious about the book was all -- those -- action -- scenes. Oi vey.... I know some people like that kind of thing, it's just not my cuppa. I think either more time could be used developing the story and characters, or the story could be shortened. : ( Other than that, I enjoyed it, and can't wait to read the third book, since I read the second one first!
on 17 April 2013
There were a lot of idea's in the plot but the development of each one was poor. You were left feeling that you had missed out on something. Everything was just too easy for the hero. There was no sense of peril no suspense. The story flow was good but I just wasn't gripped. I almost gave up towards the end. Reduce the content. elaborate on the suspense. More descriptive action sequences and this will be a great read.
on 10 February 2014
I agree with all the other readers. There were a lot of grammatical and spelling errors in this book. And this is after the author cleaned it up! One of the reasons I bought the book was the price, another was the topic; global warming. While I have heard a lot about the topic, I am not very knowledgeable about it. The author does appear to have a good knowledge base, but it was hard to get past the unbelievable actions of the main character. I almost stopped reading this book several times...I think the author had a good idea that could have been developed into a great story. More science on the subject, less unbelievable heroics, and better editing or proof reading at least. I am willing to give the author some slack as it is his first book and the price was below $3.00. But even so, I have read really great books for less. I suggest you save your money on this one. Maybe the author will get better with practice...it wasn't great but it was far from the worst book I have ever read...thus the two star rating.
on 8 February 2013
I,m a cussler fan, this is a good read, how Splre managed to stay alive when the tsunami struck ?