on 16 April 2017
Jeff Beck likes Les Paul and Cliff Gallup (the guitarist for Gene Vincent), and so do I. So when I came across this on Deezer, I thought I need to get the CD. With Darrel Higham on vocals and guitar and Imelda May taking the part of Mary Ford, amongst others, joining Jeff Beck, this a pretty decent live album. The songs are the best known ones, and Mr Beck creates an authentic sound of his heroes, albeit at times, going slightly 'off piste' with some of the stylings.
on 7 June 2015
Purely by chance, I happened upon a u-tube video of Jeff playing Sleepwalk live, and for the time it took him to play it I don't think I even breathed! After some frantic Googling, tracked it to this album which I've just ordered.. I don't need to hear it to give it 5 stars. I already KNOW how good it is!! PS. I'm adding this comment after purchasing the DVD, which has seven more songs on it, including the finale of shake rattle and roll, rock around the clock, and the girl can't help it. Why have these been chopped off the audio cd, which is only 63 minutes? Is it a cunning marketing ploy to ensure more people buy both?
on 11 June 2014
If you like Jeff Beck, this is the ultimate tribute to Les Paul. Then add some really wonderful contributions from a collection of other talented artistes and you have a quality album. It must be played loud to appreciate the guitar work - I think my neighbour liked it as well! If you were brought up in the 50's and 60's then this is a wonderful piece of nostalgia. If you have never heard of Les Paul (I would be most surprised) this is a chance to hear why Beck and so many other famous guitarists remain in awe of his supreme talent.
on 25 February 2014
One of my favourite guitarists - how laid back can one get - it's all to do with skill. Imelda May is fantastic as is the backing group led by her husband. Get the DVD - fabulous.
on 13 March 2017
great guitar great vocal from imelda may worth getting.
on 8 July 2014
Great music, phenomenal playing, Imelda May is a force of nature, this is a good intro to anyone who's curious about classic rock 'n' roll. It's also great to see Jeff Beck step out of the Strat mold for a bit.
on 18 November 2011
Fantastic CD with Jeff showcasing his all round talent. The vocals from Imelda May are truly amazing. Great song choices too eith the instrumentals "Apache" and "Sleepwalk" taking you back to when stars of the hit parade were musicians not manufactured pop.
on 3 February 2017
who would'nt like geoff beck, brilliant
on 11 January 2018
Excellent
on 6 June 2013
As the the title a brilliant colourful mix (Im listening as I type (Apache)) tingles up and down my spine!!
Please, please more of the same, and a live show! is a must to see. (back to the party...)