• Customer reviews

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 5 September 2017
I use a lot of rechargeables in photographic equipment, speedlites, triggers etc and mainly Eneloops. I bought these to test after seeing a well known photographer promote them and the fact I use a Maha charger.

I tested these with a speedlite and they did give more flashes than the Eneloops but they are 2700mAh where the Eneloops are 2500mAh. The reason I am actually giving these 3 stars is the heat generated under stress testing i.e continuously firing the flash until the overheat warning comes on. These only lasted 50 pops before I had to switch the speedlite off and remove the batteries, leaving the battery hatch open to cool the speedlite. The batteries were nearly too hot to handle and had to be placed on a concrete floor too cool. They did go on to give more overall pops than the Eneloops but the Eneloops did not generate the same amount of heat and so I got more pops before overheat protection kicked in.

These are let down by the heat issue and while they may give more overall pops it takes them longer to get there as the Eneloops require less time to cool and can hit around 200 pops a minute or so quicker than the Maha's.

If you want to use these for an application where they will not be put under this kind of stress then they should be fine.
3 people found this helpful
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 1 February 2014
I've been using MAHA Powerex products for a while now, I own both a MAHA C-9000 and a MAHA C808S chargers and have three sets of 4 of these babies for my Nikon SB-700 Speedlight. Once in a while, I charge them with the "break-in" function on the C-9000 and one set is already 3 years old whilst the other two I just got at the moment, but the capacity shown by the C9000 on all of them is very close to the advertised 2700mAh.

Great product, 5/5.
10 people found this helpful
on 5 January 2016
I bought these batteries to with Maha's top-of-the-range charger after reading the reviews of others on Amazon. They have the highest capacity I could find in the quality range of recommended batteries. I too have used other branded batteries over the years and noticed how they didn't hold their charge over time. I use rechargeable batteries for my camera flashgun so I need the power in them to be available when I get them out my camera bag. But since the batteries can sit unused for several weeks or even months at a time depending on when I find time to photograph, it is essential that I can rely on the batteries still having a good charge. So I bought these along with the Maha MH-C9000 charger, again after reading the reviews.
The charger took several days to condition and charge them first time. It's too early for me to say if they hold their charge while left for weeks or months so I can only go on what others have said. Namely that they do.
TOP 50 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 16 October 2017
Powerex batteries are a quality brand that offer high capacity power compared to other brands on the market; should have purchased these ages ago as would have saved me a load of money.

If you're looking for rechargeable batteries for your speedlight/flashgun, then I would highly recommend these as the recycle time has improved since going over from normal AA's, plus they last longer.

Would highly recommend!
VINE VOICEon 18 February 2013
I purchased a set of 4 of these batteries for my Canon A590 Camera. I had been struggling to find batteries that lasted kept their charge with my camera. Standard batteries lasted for about 10 photos before they got completely drained by the camera. After some searching of the internet I found these on Amazon and read the reviews which recommended the Powerex batteries. I've been using the 2700 rechargeable AA(1.2v NIMH).Once charged they last an absolute age before draining. I can now takes hundreds of photographs before they require charging and as a direct result can effectively use my camera properly. I highly recommend these for small compact digital camera that can use them as they very good and will save you a lot of money in the long term.
2 people found this helpful
on 29 September 2017
These are the same as enelope batteries just a bit cheaper to buy. They hold their charge for months on end. Brilliant buy for me.
on 9 September 2015
I use these for my camera flashes and I'm very happy. I tried a few different brands but these are the best so far. They hold charge long but also release the power fast so I can shot over 10 pics in a row before I need to start waiting more than 2 seconds to take another one. With all other batteries I tried, it was 2-3 pics and then 10 seconds wait.
on 1 December 2017
really good batteries they last longer than similar from other brands use them for night vision scope and happy with them
on 28 February 2015
Not the prettiest batteries but easily the best. The 2700 MAh capacity seems to outlast other brands' batteries with alleged capacities of 2750 MAh-plus. Me, I'd rather have a battery that took and held a decent charge than one with a cute paint job

The 'free' plastic case is a nice touch, too.
on 25 April 2012
I bought these batteries for my Garmin Oregon 450 handheld GPS. I had considered Sanyo Eneloop batteries but wasn't sure if my intelligent battery charger could charge them. Cheap disposable batteries (Kodak branded) did not even show full charge and were flat within a few hours of occasional use. When these arrived, I did a full discharge + charge. After a 3 hour ride, they were still showing full capacity. A week later, another 3 hour ride and they showed about 4/5 capacity. Highly recommended.
9 people found this helpful