Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Playlist - Acoustic Christmas Shop now Shop now

Customer reviews

Patriot Games [Blu-ray] [1992] [Region Free]
Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 26 May 2017
- Have the DVD already several years, but wanted the blue ray version for "refining" my collection.
- One of the best movies in my collection regarding terrorism.
- Very good acting, actors and vbiolent scenes.
- A movie witch I must recommend.
on 20 September 2017
Very good
on 9 April 2017
first class
on 8 October 2012
This in my opinion is well worth upgrading from standard dvd to BR.Everyone knows the film so this is reviewing the transfer only.
The transfer is clean and satisfying but at times I noticed some bluring of the image here and there as if the camera had trouble focusing at times.
I cannot remember if the dvd was like this which probably it was, but BR will show up any differences like this.Very minimal anyway.
Great movie, great acting. These 90's action adventure films really were good. Five stars for the movie, but four stars here as I really think some
die hard fans of these type of films could do a better transfer if given the know how.I would love these films to be given the Lawrence Of Arabia treatment then this would have been reference viewing.Anyhow have no qualms about buying the BR of this title this will be the best you will ever see this movie.
VINE VOICEon 28 September 2011
Although I note the concerns of the first 'review' I can't agree with it and can only assume that the 'hatching' observed on the screen is in relation to part of the opening credits when this phenomena is present. Nevertheless, the film is free of such concerns. I didn't observe any issues with the actual quality of the image. It was sharp and clean. The transfer is actually very good and I haven't noted any issues with audio either. All in all the film and transfer are good and the only question left to answer is whether or not it is worth buying or sticking with the VHS or DVD copy. Extras are very limited to a 'up close' featurette which is pretty feeble. Not bad at all on overall terms though.
on 23 September 2017
Great classic movie.
on 30 October 2012
Have put off upgrading for months and months due to bad reviews. Some reviews mention hatching etc on the film and a bad transfer.
Always been one of my favourite Harrison Ford films. Great story, pacing, acting and overall a fantastic action film.

Well, took the plunge this week and just watched it (btw on a 46" Samsung 3D LED TV). Opening Paramount logo had hatching on it. Wierd.
Thought, my god this is gonna be a waste of money! As the opening credits rolled it looked pretty good. Once the film started I realised
it was more than good. It was damned good. Ok, we're not talking about a Jaws type restoration here but compared to some dire Blu-Rays
I've bought (Basic Instict & What Wome Want) that look like the DVD version this Patriot Games is well worth it.

One mention. During the scene when Ryan is confronting the IRA grey jogging suit assassin his jacket seems to pulsate. Some scenes are
like that in Blu-Rays but very rare. Didn't put me off enjoying the entire movie.

Overall a fantastic purchase and well worth the upgrade. I'm damned happy I bought it. Typing this as the final dinner scene is happening.
I'm off for a cold beer and to watch the movie final where the IRA storm Ryan's house and that speedboat scrap with Sean Miller & Jack Ryan.
on 26 May 2014
i feel sorry for anyone discovering the jack ryan films today.......the films made after fords two are nowhere near as good as these........they just dont have that family man acting that harrison could pull off in a heartbeat. if you like the jack ryan character them make sure you check fords two films out, far superior they are..............