Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 9 December 2011
The UFO from the Chrysalis Years, is a top compilation from one of the World's best Record Companies, and UFO were a classic legendary band !
on 24 July 2013
Something for everyone from first to last. Can't believe this stuff from the early 70s sounds so fresh today. Buy it and treasure it!
on 11 April 2013
purchase arrived a day earlier than expected I even ordered the 2nd set which is on its way...I have already put it on my mp3 player so that I can listen to it in the van...UFO are one of the less well known bands from the 70"s,80"s era rock bottom is a class track.....
on 24 September 2013
bought this after i bought temple of rock michael schenker as i forgot or should i say not listened to my old ufo lp,s for quite a while and realised just how good ufo where in there early days as always these collections are great value as a replacment for old vinyl
on 14 March 2012
All my favorite albums in one place with the addition of the amazing live version of "On With The Action". What a great gift
to buy for the uninitiated. Great value yes indeed and just after shelling out for all the remasters. Damn those record company rotters!
on 17 September 2013
Was originally going to purchase Strangers in the Night but spotted that this included that album as well as 4 others for not a great deal of extra money.
Excellent music from an excellent band
on 10 November 2011
I refrained from buying the UFO remastered albums which came out a couple of years ago (apart from the expanded Strangers In The Night CD) while I waited for their price to drop, and I'm sure glad I did.

This box set has just about all you'll ever need from the classic 1974-79 UFO line-up and the price is unbelievable for what you get. The new Whitesnake box-set is almost TEN times the price at the time of writing!!!

I took off one star because the version here of 'Strangers ...' is not the expanded version, so that disc will remain pretty much redundant, although there is an unreleased B-side included.

I was tempted to take off another star for the cover of Love's 'Alone Again Or' on the Lights Out album which makes me cringe every time I hear it (what were they thinking??), but that would be churlish.

I have the BBC sessions on a separate BBC Archives CD with the same quality of remastering, so nothing gained on this set if you already have that BBC one.

However, the 1974 Atlanta concert on disc 2 is a real gem - some rare live tracks and the sound quality is terrific, no need to worry about that. I'm sure the most die-hard of UFO fans will be getting this box-set on the strength of this alone... and they'd be right.

Purists may be annoyed by some of the albums being split across discs, but that's no big deal if you plan on transferring your music to a digital format like FLAC or MP3.

I know it sounds a cliché, but if there's one Schenker-era UFO CD that you should buy, then this must be the one, no doubt about it.
on 6 February 2017
The music here is timeless; some of the best hard rock ever produced.

I'd like to take a moment & give a big thanks to those who did a great job with the compilation.

What you get is a 90s style double CD box including the 5 discs along with a nice 16 page coloured booklet (no lyrics but hey; that would be way over the edge I deem) plus many bonus recordings all related to that respective period.

That's how a compact priced yet full reissue should be; unlike many out there with only some cheap cardboard sleeves over the discs & barely the song titles on the back
on 2 April 2013
I've bought this box set two times,this one is for my brother.We love UFO in Michael Schenker era.This is a complete collection of first era.There' re a lot of classic tracks.
on 28 September 2013
This is a great value compilation and takes me back to the seventies when UFO were just the business. Smooth and quick transaction, many thanks.