on 28 August 2011
It's a large mouse. I have large hands and it feels large to me. This isn't a problem as it is very light and curves outwards from the desk upwards so you can get a proper grip on it. Using is as a mouse is absolutely fine. No problems.

Scanning with it is pretty good, the software included is excellent. I bought it to go in my laptop bag so I can scan when I'm out and about. In reality I'll probably just use my camera to photo documents as I do now. The OCR software is very good and happily reads most text I have thrown at it.

I'd have preferred it to be wireless, and perhaps been a little smaller to fit in the hand better. Other than that it does what it claims to very well.
77 comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 November 2011
Use it as a backup scanner when travelling. Useful in those situations but beware it needs oomph to sew the images together in realtime. Pretty impressive but you need to keep the scanned object from moving as you scan.
Agree that as a mouse - its pretty big and so remains also as backup.
on 23 November 2011
This device is great as a hand-scanner and very useful for me since I have eye problems. I can quickly scan pictures and limited text material and drag the result to Word, for instance, and have the computer read the text to me. The OCR-function works fine. Although you don't need to be very exact when scanning, one needs to gain a good technique. The device workls OK as a mouse too. However, the main drawback is that it is tricky to avoid touching the mouse buttons when starting scaning.
on 8 December 2011
A handy little device which I bought after seeing it advertised. I don't think it is in widespread use as yet as I don't know of anyone else who has one. For capturing large images I use my MFD but if small the LG mouse does the trick.
on 20 February 2012
Firstly, when I ordered this from amazon.co.uk, my item was lost-in-transit by Royal Mail and Amazon gave me full refund for it. Then I finally got it from ebay.com.

I had read its lots of positive and negative reviews all over the internet and was eager to try it. I carefully read the Minimum and Recommended System Requirements before ordering. I was cautious from the negative reviews and their remedial actions from the comments on those reviews, thus, I read the whole User Manual carefully before installing the device, e.g., mouse (LSM 100) should be connected first before installing its software.

I installed this on my Dell Vostro 3550 Laptop which has an Intel i5 Processor, 4GB RAM, 1GB AMD Radeon Graphics Card and Windows7 Professional 64-Bit. The installation completed smoothly.

I started by scanning a book and realised the reasons for those negative reviews (regarding performance). You can't just use it straight out of the box but need some practice to use it well because:
1. The size of mouse is big, so u face handling problems,
2. U need to stabilise the page with your other hand otherwise the scan gets distorted,
3. Now when u scan a book, there is a gap between the desk (or table top) and the page u r scanning because of lots of pages in between. So scanning the edges in such a case becomes tricky because as soon as the mouse crosses the edge of the page, mouse's sensors lose their location and the scan gets distorted,
4. U need to b careful about how fast u move ur hand to scan.

I read this one review (at www.amazon.co.uk/review/R21H313Q4TFLX9) by boblet:
"This is a great idea at a great price. But the software relies on an up-to-date version of the OpenGL software used by your computer's video card. Many laptops do not have this, and cannot be updated. I have a brand new Sony Vaio, and there is no way to use the latest version of OpenGL. So, for me and many other laptop users, the LSM100 is just an oversized mouse. At a lousy price."

Now I bought my laptop in Jun-2011 and my model was newly launched then. I am not a technical person so I don't know what boblet mean by OpenGL and many laptops not having it. I looked for it in the installed softwares list on my laptop but didn't see it. Fortunately, I didn't face this issue and feel sorry for boblet. LSM-100's software, at the time of installation, ran a test to check the hardware compatibility and it showed that OpenGL was there in my system but I still don't know what OpenGL is and where it is.

So currently I'm enjoying the challenge to tame this mammoth mouse and master it but surely I feel quite happy to own such a unique kind of hardware.
on 22 April 2012
The LG mouse scanner does exactly what it says on the video except that it is not cordless - hardly surprising. Very easy to set up and use, and only slightly bulkier than my normal mouse - I like a fairly large mouse as I have fairly large hands anyway. Once scanned, it was easy to save as an image file or paste direct into a word document etc - all very seamless. When scanning, the software adjusted for slight changes in angle of the scanner or the item being scanned. If you are scanning something from a large document you don't want to take apart,and which would not sit comfortably on a normal scanner bed, this makes it very easy to scan just what you want. Very pleased with it.
on 10 January 2012
I bought the scanner mouse as a christmas present for my daughter. She is delighted by the ease of copying paragraphs or short articles without the need to harm the source. Excellent for most needs but doesn't replace a flat bed scanner completly.
on 4 October 2011
Ok except I did not realise that the min spec for the PC required was so high. But I ignored the warnings about under spec and it works for my purposes fine i.e OCR of paragraphs and crude scans of small pictures
on 11 November 2011
Hello.

Thanks for taking the time for reading me.

If you ever want to scan a page (or many of them) of a book, magazine, etc... without causing any damage to the original reading material, I highly recommend this scanner-mouse.

It's a breeze using this mouse for scanning!

Good luck,

Mauro./
on 14 September 2011
I bought it as soon I saw it, specillay after watching the demo video.

It's one of the few technology gadget that works in the same way as in the demos.

So well done for LG and the technology behind it, I think this is going to be a breakthrough in the image-svanning world.