on 2 July 2013
I have a habit, when using USB memory on my laptop, of knocking them and putting strain on the USB ports. I use these little leads to stop this annoying little quirk of mine.

I was worried that it would affect the read/write speeds on my SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 flash memory; 170MB/s. I had gone to the trouble of finding out which USB 3.0 memory was the fastest and I didn't want to negate that by using a lead that was iffy.

No such problem! I tested the speed with and without the lead with a free and handy little program called CrystalDiskMark (disk benchmark software) I got almost identical speeds on numerous repeat testing.

Delighted with this USB 3.0 lead. Worth every penny of it's £4.72p.
on 19 October 2013
This cable supplies power to bus-powered devices ok and works at USB 3 speed. It's quite heavy duty and shouldn't break easily but it's also very stiff. USB plugs can only be plugged in one way and I almost always find the plug upside down and it's very hard to twist this cable round to get things in properly. I'd much prefer it if the cable was less rigid. It's also quite a tight plug. It seems to be easing up a little with use but the sealed socket at the end means it probably won't ease up much more.

The reason I bought it was to save wear on the plug on my computer (regularly plugging things in and out can scratch the port and dodgy plugs can get stuck in the port) so it serves the purpose well enough for me.
on 14 December 2012
Needed a cable to extended the USB ports on my Macbook Pro that are very close together. This is nice and short so the desk doesn't get cluttered. USB 3.0 so no loss of speed in use. Very nice.
I have used similar cables for many years, initially to use memory sticks more conveniently. The first actually came as part of a kit with a memory stick and lanyard. I had purchased these for that same purpose and I now use only USB 2.0 and 3.0 compatible memory. One will be permanently kept in a USB 3.0 socket ready for use when needed.

Unlike similar cables where the length is that of the cable outside of the plugs, this one relates to the overall length, plugs included. They are therefore a little shorter (by about 5cm or 2-inches) than some.

The product quality is high and the cable is quite thick. The plugs used also appear to be high quality and the female end especially so. Although only briefly used to date, I have little doubt that they should last years.

Recommended.
on 15 August 2015
Having wall mounted a 48inch Samsung TV, I found it hard to get to the side USB socket to insert a memory stick. This lead is great, well made and ideal as a short extensions that needs to be hidden away. It's worth mentioning that because of it's short length it isn't very flexible, so I'm now trying to find a way of fixing the socket end to the back edge of the TV. That said, it's well worth the money
on 21 March 2015
Does exactly what it says in the review. I have a 128GB memory stick linked to my BMW 5 series using this cable so it can be stowed away in the armrest with the lid closed. Works a treat and now I have 186,000 tracks to listen to..... yeah baby!
on 29 August 2012
I've been waiting for these short USB 3.0 extension leads to appear. The Samsung Series 9 ultrabooks have their ports very close together and wider USB devices cause problems. Having one of these in the bag doesn't add much to the travel weight but gets round the congestion.
on 29 August 2013
It seems as though usb3 extension cables are a bit problematic. I bought this one to replace a much cheaper version (which proved faulty). Unfortunately this one exhibited intermittent connections. Nothing wrong with my usb3 port on it's own or with a standard usb2 cable.
on 18 December 2014
Bought one to extend the usb port on my flatscreen samsung.

Plugging in, changing, or removing a usb device plugged situated at the back of a wall mounted tv was frustrating. I had the decision to buy one of these and behold the problem is no more!

If you have digital videos files on an external drive and a capatible tv where you need easy access to. It is a great little lead to leave plugged in at all times to simply to extend the usb port for ease of access, as it extends to hang at the far side of the tv.

No tears, time wasted, possible hairloss, or added mundane tech stress.
on 3 August 2015
Bought for use with an Audioquest Dragonfly DAC to prevent strain on the USB connector. Works just fine and saved me a few quid on the Audioquest Dragontail.