on 2 March 2015
Great service and quality.
on 22 June 2017
Good the Book in good condition.
on 22 July 2011
Having read several of the later books in the series, firstly I can say that it gets better. The concept is very sound with a new crisis management team being created and facing their first crisis, a re-ignited war in Korea.

There is some sketchy characterization, some decent action scenes towards the middle and the end and that's about it. The emotional and relationship elements are pointing towards events in future books of the series and thankfully they are better.
on 28 November 1997
Hey, I'm as much of a Clancy fan as anyone else (if not more so), having read all of the Ryan books at least twice. But this OpCenter series, which Clancy is only putting his name on for the bucks, is complete garbage. Believe me, this is NOT Clancy, nor anything remotely close. The writing is the pits, the plotting less plausible even than Clancy's usual stuff and the characters two dimensional. As a matter of fact, this book (and the series) are so awful that I can't imagine any reason for anyone ever even attempting to read 'em [sigh]. Save your money for the next real Clancy.
on 21 June 2006
I can only think it's a publishing error as to why this was printed, It seems to be a failry torpid piece of fan fiction that's been accidentally published under the misaprehension it was from Clancy himself.

All the typical fan-fic pointers are there. The long term series characters appear as someone doing impressions of them, you can see who they're meant to be but your brain is having to fill in a lot of details.

The strange, almost homicidal, desire to hack through the series, even creating unbelievable plot points simply to say "look at my power, what he wrote, I can destroy."

The fact the author seems dedicated to cutting a swathe through the series, trying to use shock tactics to keep us interested. Where most authors mage surgical cuts with a literary scalpel this was akin more to mad axeman rampage.

Although his first Op Centre book had been dissapointing I decided to give him a second chance, unfortunately this one almost destroyed my desire to re-read the earlier books (of which I have all of them) and has certainly precluded me from buying any more if there are any as this is a bit of a mortal wound.
on 23 May 2014
Not a book I would recommend of truly authored books by Tom Clancy.....writers really shouldnt allow people to write under their names if they arent going to do a good job......full of too much military jargon, confusing war conflict and lack of pace.......zzzzzzz. 0 stars!
on 1 April 1998
Good insight into the operation of our government. Interesting storyline, well-paced.
on 11 August 2001
I have to say that I started reading this book because I was so bored during the summer. I started to get in to it more and more and in the end I found it not too bad after all. Tom Clancy writes very realisticly and to me seems to know how it actually is during war. Overall I would recommend this book to people who are interested in war and military.