Customer reviews

The Depths Of Darkness
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 23 January 2012
I loved this book from start to finish. Patty is as amazing character, bringing the story-line to life as we follow her through the most testing time of her life. The characters depth of emotion and strength really come to the forefront. The story-line is well written drawing you into Patty's world and holding you there, making you follow along with her as she struggles to come to terms with everything that is happening around her. I loved the relationship between Patty sand Luke really buying into the reality that they face, having big decisions to make not only within their lives but in the changing world around them. This is a well written, and engaging book with the added paranormal world brought to life making the reader want more, and want to find out what is going to happen next, and how it is all going to end for everyone involved. I would recommend this book to lovers of paranormal with a twist of suspense and romance all thrown in for good measure. All credit goes to the author for a captivating and engaging read.
on 26 April 2011
This is the sixth book I have read from this author and is the best yet. I wasn't sure this would be able to improve on the already impressive books I have read previously, but boy am I glad to be proven wrong.

This story is a bit of a departure for the author from her previous books in that the lead character, Patty, is not a vampire, but instead is a witch.

The story is read from the perspective of Patty and follows her as she tries to uncover the truth behind the death of her mentor Matace. As the story progresses she learns greater truths about herself and her purpose in the world of witches and immortals and finds herself fighting to protect the worlds of both mortals and immortals.

Again the author's descriptive powers come to the fore, imaginative and detailed descriptions that paint the scenes into your mind leaving you immersed in this wonderfully imaginative world. The character's emotions are again portrayed to a very high standard and leave you willing them to succeed. The humour in places does well to give a welcome break in the tension.

The imagination of this story stands head and shoulders above the author's previous books with a great variety of different demons, spells and parallel worlds. This is definitly this author's finest work to date and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it from start to finish.

This is a must read.
on 19 March 2014
The story started well, but I quickly got fed up with the sexual tension between the two main characters. A lot of people enjoy reading that - I don't, it bores me. This resulted in me giving up on this book despite the promising start. This book wasn't for me, but I'm sure others will enjoy it.

There were the usual errors - spelling, punctuation, grammar.......... I actually laughed out loud at this one, and I quote

"........the ceiling had been painted with a Muriel of fairies dancing...." The capital letter was included.

That will keep me chuckling for some time, it's a classic.