on 21 January 2018
Properly converted original in to the spanoingly good 4k format. Unlike some films released this one is a joy to watch. The CGI hasn’t aged well, but it is an old film so we can forgive that!

Fun family film with the amazing late Robins williams in the main role as Alan Parish who gets sucked in to the board game of Jumanji.

Set yourself up for the new The Rock’s Jumanji by watching or revisiting this old favourite.
on 7 December 2017
A fabulous film that I haven't seen for years. Robin Williams is such an admirable character & plays the part of a boy in a man''s body. His "nah, nah" attitude with the children makes you smile. As does his relationship with his father/big game hunter. If you haven't seen this, please do!
on 9 January 2018
Who doesn’t love jumanji! This is an alright 4k upgrade, unfortunately it’s a very grainy upgrade as the 4k enhances the grain they left in the film to be authentic. It’s a great watch if you don’t mind grain. The sound is awesome feels like your really in the film.
on 5 September 2017
The children were absorbed , shushing younger siblings and toddler cousins . Silent except the funny bits, when excited laughter could be heard . Love Jumanji .Excellent film just as I remember watching it when it first came out in the cinemas ;)
on 29 January 2014
I seen this for sale on Blu-ray and I wanted it straight away.

This was one of my favourite films as a child.

I always owned it on VHS but I had to to add to my Blu-ray collection.

The picture is great and it fills out the entire screen which I love. Although, I do think it could have been better. The picture seemed to lack contrast for me. The colour just wasn't as prominent and the picture wasn't as crisp as Blu-rays of older movies usually make them.

That's not to say the quality was bad, it was great! But I've seen better.

Also, I love the interactive Jumanji game you can play in the special features. The Jumanji game could have been slightly better but I really did enjoy it even though my brother hated it.

So overall this is a great Blu-ray to add in your collection but don't be expecting something phenomenal. And for €5, you can't beat that price.
on 13 August 2014
I believe I was 7 when I saw the advertisements for this movie. We watched it as a family and It's been my most memorable and favourite film yet. Just watched yesterday and today and it's better than I imagined. Lol usually films loose those nice touches as you get older when you see they were just add ons or play some kind of code to the movie. But this movie does not do that. Still an excellent well loved today. And Robbin Williams is a very genuine person his heart is in this movie. That's what makes it so real and incredible. All the characters are lovely and light. Not over done and not under done. Excellent movie.
on 4 October 2016
This film came out when I was a kid. Now my children are watching it!

Was a little scary in parts for my 3 year old but she's watched it 10+ times now so can't have been that bad! Even though it's 14 years old it still seems quite current.

It has a unique plot which I think helps, and will probably sell more copies now they're doing the remake. Worth a watch!
on 17 March 2018
A good film, I missed it on cinema 22 years ago and I watched the more recent one. Great film, with great actors/actresses such as Robin Williams, Bonnie Hunt and so on.

A good film for parents to watch with their children.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 31 October 2017
Amazing, great family movie. Exciting and tense in parts - Lily age 9
It was brill and it's a good movie for families but babies might not like it - Alfie age 6
Fab family film - action packed and kept us all hooked. Some plot holes but who cares, we all loved it!! - Mum age undisclosed ;-)
on 30 April 2017
Four people experience the universal parable of how life is unfair. No sentimentality -- life IS unfair, so deal with it. And they do with comic drama.