Customer reviews

on 23 February 2014
Downloaded this (for free) to read to my son. Very funny. Every bit as good as any of the David Walliams books. Why are they giving it away?
on 21 July 2011
This book is quirky, fun and different. When Abbie's grandmother loses her teeth in the vacuum, the Very Odd Job Man comes to the rescue. He brings his strange daughter, Perdita, who asks Abbie to help find her mom. However, an unlikely villain lurks. How will Abbie save Perdita's mom with the evil Klench in the way?
An unputtdownable read which adults and kids will enjoy. Perfect school holiday reading!
on 2 November 2011
I read `Dead Hairy' out loud to my children (10 and 7 years old) and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. It inspired much laughter and speculation and discussion, as the best books do, and it is peppered with unusual characters (from Squashy Grandma to Chester the chest hair to timid Constable Wibberly). The unusual theme of hair is woven through the story in most unexpected ways, and more serious subjects like family relationships are dealt with with a light touch. Please let there be a sequel and please let Fernando find his long-lost love!
on 12 October 2011
A splendid feat of imagination. The larger than life characters (although sometimes lacking essential body parts) are very funny and the story bounces along at a great pace. Something for all ages - from nine to ninety+. A very good read - let's have another instalment!
on 25 October 2011
An hilarious , weird and ' hair raising' fantasy full of strange characters especially "squashy grandma" and odd ,unpredictable happenings. Couldn't put it down ! Dianne
on 15 October 2011
One of the most enjoyable children's books of the year! I was hooked from the very beginning. Who could believe the adventure that would unfurl just because Grandma's teeth end up in the hoover?
The book is choc full of unusual characters but I especially enjoyed Fernando. Hats off to Debbie Thomas for such an entertaining read - and also to Stella Macdonald's complementary pencil sketches.
All in all its a great read and one that begs for a sequel.
on 21 November 2011
I bought this for my grandchildren, but found it a very enjoyable read myself. In fact I couldn't put it down. The grandchildren liked it too!
on 4 July 2011
Well I'm a mum and I thought this was great from start to finish, my 9 year old loved it too, really laugh out loud, clever writingDead Hairy. When's the next one please?
on 27 February 2014
This book is extremely well written with an ingenious storyline and unusual characters. Many laugh out loud moments and a fast paced plot. I can't imagine any child getting bored either reading it or listening to it being read to them. The author also manages to disguise educational facts that children will subconsciously take in. It's a fantastic fun read well done Debbie Thomas
on 5 February 2014
Another one I got for the little man ( he is 8), who enjoyed it greatly. Though I haven't read it, I am pretty sure I have been told the majority of the story at one point or another. Would recommend.