Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.49

on 21 June 2011
The Feeling are the marmite of the music world - some people really like them, others simply don't!
Opinion between my group of friends was vehemently divided, that was until this album...
I now find friends who once would eject a Feeling CD from my car stereo everytime they travelled in my beaten up car, turning the volume up! This may be down to the fact that each track is very different to the last. We go from the upbeat tempo of 'Dance for the lights' and go to the understated 'Another Soldier' which harks back to some of The Feeling's earlier sounds. 'Love and Care' sounds similar to some Beatles tracks, but is still 'Feelingy', while 'Searched Every Corner' has got a trancy undertone.
True, there is a slight shift from what we expect from the Feeling, but this is an album that clearly displays the time and effort put into making it...something that is missed in the days of conveyor belt manufactured pop where albums seem to be rushed out every few months (even Take That are now at it!)

Obviously, not everyone is going to love this, but I'm yet to see a music album that is adored by every single person who listens to it. Either way, give it a listen, you don't have to like it...but you may be surprised.
on 20 June 2011
This is a brilliant album and exactly what you would expect from The Feeling. However if you are a fan and want all their new tracks,buy the double album, i.e. Deluxe Edition. I didn't realize there was one and have only bought the single album. DOH!!!
on 18 July 2011
I just love this album. Track 1 is great and draws you into the rest of the tracks.

I am really happy that I bought this album and would recommend it to anyone.
on 24 July 2011
I was put off buying this Album , because the poor critic reviews , I had read in the paper and in Mojo
but I heard the single . ' Set my world on fire ' on the radio , its so catchy , I just decided to buy the album , its not a classic album , but its good to listen to , so if you like the Feeling don't be put off
on 10 August 2011
It is a grower, when I first heard it I wasn't sure. Now I can't get the songs out of my head. I had the same experience with The Killers "Day and Age", took time to grow on me (and I love Hot Fuss and Sam's Town).

This album has been so brutally underrated. Makes you wonder who they've upset in the music/radio business to be treated so badly by the radio play-lists. They don't feature in BBC Radio 1's and BBC Radio 2 have only got A Hundred Sinners on play-list B.

The tracks on this album have been beautifully crafted. They've experimented with different sounds, but they are undeniably The Feeling.

Stand out tracks -

Track 1 - Set My World On Fire, has a wonderful African drum-beat to it, the rhythm pulls you into it. You can imagine a video similar to Savage Garden's Animal, a big street carnival.

Track 2 - Dance For The Light, with vocals from Roisin Murphy, lovely little electropop number.

Track 4 - Leave Me Out Of It, Sophie Ellis Bextor lends some vocals. This track has been featured in performances on some TV shows. A cracking duet.

Track 6 - Searched Every Corner, very catchy.

Track 7 - A Hundred Sinners, strong piano and catchy melody.

Track 9 - Say No, again strong piano, simple, perfect.

Track 10 - Back Where I Came From, how could anyone not like this track?!

Track 12 - Love and Care, could be wrong, but is this The Feeling trying to be Paul McCartney? Right to the child at the end.

Track 13 - Undeniable, a fantastic final track featuring the album title in its lyrics. Building slow, getting bigger. But unfortunately fades out... argh! Big mistake, should have had a proper ending!

Oh lets face it, 3, 5, 8 and 11 are also brilliant - all 13 tracks are excellent!

Also worth noting, if you buy the deluxe edition, you get ANOTHER 12 tracks. Amongst which is Virtually Art featuring Betty Boo, yes Betty Boo!
on 2 September 2011
When i first listened to this album first time i was a tad disapointing, but after a few listens, i loved it. Their first album was outstanding and the second one, not so. But this one just gets better and better after every listen. Its not far off from being a masterpiece of an album (like the first one was) and in my opinion, it is very underrated and desereves a lot more credit. It contains some outstanding tracks such as 'Set My World on Fire', 'Leave Me Out of It', 'A Hundred Sinners', 'Say No' and 'Another Life'. The musical elements seem to have stepped up a gear as well from their first two albums, which is a step in the right direction for the band in my opinion, i'd love to put the tracks in order from best to worst, but there's just too many good ones to choose from. I have the deluxe 2 disc version of this album because i'm a big fan of the band, and if you are too i would strongly recommened getting it. Ignore all critics, this album is really really good and as as stated, better than 'Join with Us' which makes the 3 year wait well worth the while which just goes to show all the hard work and effort put into this album over the 3 years. I've heard it time and time again from other reviews of this album all over the internet saying that this band are one cut above the rest of all other bands out there, and i couldn't agree more with them. Lets just hope they release a fourth album in the next 2-3 years and maybe even a greatest hits album as well. We'll have to wait and see but for now all i can say is, keep up the good work boys!
on 30 July 2011
I was really looking forward to the release of Together We Were Made, but was utterly disappointed by the entire album. There is not a single redeeming song - they are brash, repetitive, and much less considered than anything on Twelve Stops and Home or Join With Us.

Many people have borrowed the CD from me, and all have said how disappointed they were. If you don't like The Feeling, you may well like the album. If you do like The Feeling, this album almost certainly isn't.
on 25 June 2011
I'm a big fan of The Feeling. I loved 'Twelve Steps And Home' (particularly) and 'Join With Us'. Both were great old-fashioned pop albums, full of hooks, excellently produced with fantastic vocals. I realised they must be due for a new album but 'Together We Were Made' seems to have come out with little fanfare. The lead single, despite some airplay, didn't make the Top 40 and the signs don't look good for any long term success for this album...

I have to say I'm utterly disappointed with the album. The songs are extremely weak, INCREDIBLY repetitve and the whole thing is far too long. Any spark of inspiration is long gone and the album sounds like it took far too long to write and record. That the aforementioned lead single, the totally dull 'Set My World On Fire' was deemed the best track fo single release is telling. That song really is about as good as the album gets...

I've played the entire set 3 times now and have yet to hear anything with a chance of being a hit. I got the deluxe edition and found the second CD to be even worse. The only redeeming factor is that Dan Gillespie Sells' vocals are as wonderful as ever but on material like this, what does it matter?

It gives me no pleasure to write this harsh review but 'Together We Were Made' just isn't much cop and it's a real shame.
on 25 June 2011
Reaction to this, the third album from the Feeling, seems to be somewhat polarised. The press, at best, have damned it with faint praise whilst fans seem to be lavishing complements upon it. I'd count myself as a fan - I love the band's first two CDs - and having seen them live on several occasions, regard the Feeling as one of my favourite live acts.

Which is one way of saying how disappointed I am to be awarding the CD only three stars out of five.

Many people seem to be enjoying the less frivolous path the band seem to be taking and whilst the darker, more serious, subject matter and presentation may appeal to some, the CD lacks the joie-de-vivre of the previous recordings that was, undoubtedly, a large part of their charm.

For sure, there are some nice songs, and the CD is something of a "grower" - so I am certainly enjoying it more having heard it a few times than I initially did - but it's nowhere near the CD I was hoping for.

This said, the second CD of the extended version (which I foolishly didn't buy) does contain some songs in a more similar vein to their earlier material that may appeal to less adventurous fans like myself.

I can't help thinking that the cream of the tracks from the two CDs would have made a fine third album, but as it is we're faced with cherry picking the best tracks from the two CDs, I'm afraid.

If you're a fan of the Feeling, you'll undoubtedly enjoy this album, though you may need to give it a few listens to appreciate it fully. Nevertheless, I can't help feeling that somehow this album is something of a missed opportunity when clearly the Feeling have plenty more excellent songs and performances in them.
on 12 August 2011
After purchasing "Twelve Stops & Home" and "Join With Us" my expectation for the third album was probably set way too high after listening to "Together We Were Made".

Very disappointing, I think they have tried too hard to move away from the first two albums to a point were they have lost the plot. Set My World On Fire is a very mediocre opening track, "Another Soldier" is obviously a political song that relies on something remotely catchy.

Listened to this album several times and it doesn't grow on me at all. Dan Gillespie Sells said during a pre sale interview that he had written in excess of two hundred and fifty songs to pick out the best, well all I can say is I would hate to hear the other two hundred and thirty seven, sorry lads it's a definite thumbs down.