Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Tokio Myers Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 25 October 2008
This book is a really useful addition to the web designers arsenal - it's sort of a mix between Designmeltdown.com (created by the author) and [...] - with the best bits saved for this book. If you are lacking the inspiration which you usually have, or if you can't go through the whole of DesignMeltdown's archives - this is for you.
on 23 November 2008
I found this book an enjoyable and insightful read. The structure allows you to go back to the book for reference and as the title states gives the reader loads of ideas. I am a creative professional and I am finding this book a good starting point in discussion around issues such as style and how to use colour. Defiantly something I would recommend to fellow professionals.
on 20 May 2009
Not a bad little book, not wonderful but not bad. As previously mentioned by others, it's a collection of websites that reflect the authors ideas of 'good design'.

Not much text, lots of pretty pictures so it will suit some people more than others.
on 7 May 2009
I read the previous reviews on this book and I must say, they're bang on! I then bought this book as I was heading a bit flat with my site designs and voila.. what a great source of both inspiration AND information.
Commendations to the author on not just providing a good selection of sites but also breaking them down and explaining concepts.. The other guys are always asking to borrow this book from my desk!! LoL..
on 5 September 2010
The book includes mainly TOO SMALL images of web sites. Somehow I thinki the variety could be wider, more "indie" and different layouts too. There is not so many graphics designs that makes me say "wow". And, the images really are too small to my taste. But anyway a good book to look around and have some ideas.
on 12 October 2011
This book is a collection of what the author considers to be good ideas. I did not think it was that inspirational. As web designer you expect a book with such a title to expand your own ideas and this book did not.

Some websites no longer exist and the ones that do are not that good. A good design idea to me suggest that the website is also useable, interactive and pushes the boundaries of web design. In fact I found a lot of them painstakingly long to load and text that was just not legible. 8 pixel size text is just not acceptable. There is a reason why the default font size for web browsers is 16 pixel, but thats a discussion beyond the scope of this review.

None of the websites made me think wow thats impressive, how have they done that and how can I implement something similar into my own designs.

Why the author thought that these designs where ones to be noted I don't know.

Even the Author's own website took longer to load than it should.

I spend hours tweaking designs and code to make websites load within seconds and these took a few. That in my professional opinion is just bad design.

I gave it a 2 starts because the book is printed in colour and the layout was adequate.
on 12 May 2009
I must recommend this book to anyone that has an interest in making websites. Each chapter is brought down in to sub sections based on colour, type, style etc. which helps differentiate between the somewhat limitless types of websites there are on the web.
HTML colour codes taken from the featured websites are also also included in each section - these have proved very helpful to me.
on 29 April 2009
This is a book to inspire and show how different trends are used in web design. Nicely presented and sections are seperated by colour, trends, textures used etc.
Not for those who are after tutorials, but very good for design ideas.
not a bad price too.
I'd recommend subscribing to their RSS feed to view the latest design web trends too.
on 12 August 2010
In my opinion this book is wonderful, yes it is like many others of its kind, but is by far the best and most up to date version I have found. This super organised book has chapters of brilliant work and uses images for examples and shows just how much you can do, no matter what kind of site your designing. As a web designer myself I love picking this book up and being inspired to create something amazing. It really demonstrates that there are no boundaries to what you can do in web design and that you shouldn't limit yourself to making a website that could have been pushed so much further because "it has to look like that". Who says a corporate website can't be flash and creative?! BREAK THE RULES!
on 15 October 2009
The book is good, really, but I thought there would be more technical hints for how to create a certain site. The book is definitely inspiring, but I should have read better what the purpose of the book was.

Thanks.