on 22 August 2017
The order of this book is more sensible than other Bibles I have read. I was blessed by it and I thank the Jews, who for centuries, kept alive His Holy words and instructions. These have been, and still are, a light to the Gentiles.
on 27 August 2014
The original scriptures in their original words, well as best as can be expected, love it next to my KJV.
on 10 August 2017
good read
on 4 January 2016
Good. Appears to be written from a Cristian point of view.
on 18 April 2013
I was very interested when I was this and took a chance on it. I'm glad I did. It's another perspective on God's Word.
on 6 July 2013
A superb translation very similar to the King James but often better. Somehow it resonates in a way modern translations do not.
on 17 March 2013
this tanakh jewish bible reads better for me and is more in tune with my studies and this is why i rate it five st
on 29 April 2013
I am loving this. the chronology makes the relationship to each story easier to place and understand. The language tone is old English style and it is not clear to me if it is in fact a direct translation of the Hebrew or a translation into English supposing the grammar to be related to the English sentence structure. I have not yet had the chance to completely read it or compare it with the NIV or NAS that I am more familiar with. Ask me again in 6 months.
on 1 December 2013
The Bible is a big book and I can only give my first reactions. Comparing it with other translations I was quite surprised to find how close it is to the King James Authorised version and that the divisions into chapter and verse are the same. These divisions of course are not in the original Hebrew text but were introduced by the Christian translators for the very obvious benefit of navigation and comparing text with text. I do feel that the Jewish publishers are to be commended in that they adopted what they believed to be beneficial. It inspires confidence that their only motive was to be faithful to God's Word and help in its study.
on 31 October 2015
Excellent scriptures really helping me to understand more as I read each passages. It is a history book for the black man and woman!

Qam Yasharala!