Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 25 May 2015
This was a holiday read... I read this book after the great read of "the man who cycled the world" which I thought was fantastic.
I really seem to like Mark, his descriptions of events are really painted clearly... I'd like to have a beer with Mr Beaumont.
I find these books dangerous for me, as as once I have read them I always want to get out on my bike and just cycle far off places.
A great read!
on 8 August 2011
I thoroughly enjoyed Mark's first book, but was frustrated with the apparent lack of personal emotion at times. So I was very pleased when reading this second book that there was a lot more of Mark the man, rather than just Mark the adventurer. I LOVED the climbs, they were probably my favourite bits, but the in betweens were interesting and gripping. I read it very quickly because despite having followed as he went and seen the documentary I was still keen to see what happened next. His writing style has matured and improved although I found some of the sections quite severely edited; I found myself wanting to know more about a topic that had only one paragraph dedicated to it. Having said that, it was gripping, laugh out loud funny and poignant. I have already recommended it to friends as one of my top reads of the year and would do so again.
on 8 March 2014
I enjoyed this book. With any adventure, there is invariably some deviation from the original plan and this was no exception. I'm glad Mark took greater time out to meet people, as I think this makes for a better story. After the last mountain climb, there was bound to be something of an anti-climax, but Mark's determination to complete the journey is what real adventure is made of.
on 6 January 2014
This book is a great account of Mark's adventures in mountain climbing and cycling through the Americas.

It is an honest and entertaining read from someone who is an inspiration.

As a cyclist myself, I was surprised to enjoy the mountain climbing chapters the most.
on 18 January 2013
The Man Who Cycled the Americas is a brilliant travelogue set on a bike and mountains.

Beaumont spends more time with the people

Beaumont spends more time focusing on the towns and people as he travels than in his Around the World journey, and those stories are told well along side the personal battles and challenges.

It would definatley pick up any other books written by Beaumont.
on 22 May 2011
Wow amazing, the best book I have read this year!!

Read this book after being blown away with Marks first book The man who cycled the world, and the man who had inspired my fiance to cycle for Help for Heroes.

Readers and Fans of Mark will not be disappointed with this book, its again inspiring, a page turner, a book that you wont be able to put down and some times a book that you will be on the edge of the seat reading especially when Mark is climbing the mountains. You will feel Marks high and lows and want to both laugh and cry on many occasions throughout the book. You will travel with Mark through every page. What can I say this book is purely amazing. Even if like myself you are not a cyclist or a climber this will appeal to everyone so will recommend to friends and family.
on 23 May 2011
I followed Mark on Twitter as he undertook the journey detailed in this book, and have eagerly awaited this publication. I have not been disappointed. The book is written in a very easy-to-read style, and, as with The Man Who Cycled The World, I have once again been drawn into the story. It's like meeting up with an old friend.

On this journey Mark had more time to stop and investigate when he passed something of interest, and the book records many encounters with fascinating people and places (and animals!) as well as the trials involved in such a marathon undertaking. You do not need to be a cyclist, or a mountaineer, to enjoy The Man Who Cycled The Americas. I heartily recommend it.
on 2 July 2011
Another great read Mark. I followed the trip on the Blog and Twitter so it was great to read about the trip in even more detail.

As with the previous book, the writing was great at portraying the emotions of such a challenging trip. It was nice to read that there was more time to take in things and meet more characters along the way. Amongst the personal account of the journey it was interesting to read some of the similarities about preconceptions of certain countries that previous cycling adventurers had, only to discover something completely different.

I thoroughly recommend this book to anybody even if you are not in to cycling.
on 28 December 2011
I purchased this book from amazon after seeing it in a local shop(amazon much cheaper)
I couldn't put it down and completed it in 2 weeks. I felt part of the journey and the mountain experience i was there. This is certainly a tale of a epic journey.
on 7 July 2011
Having seen the BBC Documentary of this epic journey shot by Mark, I was eagerly awaiting this written account. And I was not disappointed . Mark takes the reader through his journey with humour, honesty, and a lovely natural writing style. You feel that you are on the road, and Mountain, alongside the Author as the journey develops. If you enjoyed Mark's first book, 'The Man Who Cycled The World', then you are going to love this book. Or if you are wondering what makes this book a must-read, then look no further than the Author. Hugely likeable and truly inspirational. Highly reccomended.