on 17 April 2014
I bought this recently and it works really well. I have filled it both by drawing ink through the pen and by removing the reservoir, filling it and putting it back on the pen. I'm not sure which way I prefer [:-).
One thing. When I placed the order I received a prompt e-mail telling me when it would arrive. It didn't arrive by the date I was given and I wrote to the company, C-Gear, and they responded immediately, asking me to wait another day or two. I did but still no show. I wrote again, and they replied the next day saying they assumed it was lost in the post and asked if I wanted a replacement or a refund. No quibble and no hassle. As it happens, the reservoir arrived on the same day as their e-mail so I didn't need either a replacement or a refund. But I do give the company full marks for how they dealt with it. The mark of a good company is how they deal with problems and this company did a good job.
on 19 October 2016
I have 2 fountain pens each with one of these in there great I really love these and using bottled ink. The amount of times it will need refilling will vary on the pen itself my vector has to be filled less frequently than my frontier. That s just how they operate the same type of converter fits both of my parker pens although it needs a little wiggling to go into the vector to begin with. The first time you use it in a new pen you may need to scribble a little to get the ink to come through this will probably apply after the pen has been cleaned/flushed through as far as i can tell this is standard fountain pen maintenance but it really won't take long for the ink to start to come through I personally think these converters are great and I fully believe they are the more economical way to use a fountain pen over cartridges and honestly these are really cheap compared to buying cartridges
on 5 December 2016
Ordered the item and it arrived damaged, snapped in half by careless couriers.

After emailing their support team with proof of the damaged item, I received a reply within a few hours, saying that they would send out a replacement immediately. The replacement works perfectly and is much better than the up/down piston version of this, as this has a larger chamber and a much easier method of filling up with ink.

In both cases shipping took a few days, no longer than expected.
on 1 December 2014
I was disappointed by this Parker converter. It is awkward to fill due to the mechanism used (not the usual rotating piston, but a sort of button that is similar to syringe). There is an annoying metallic sphere inside that makes the task even more awkward and to put the cherry on top of the cake, it leaks small amount of ink along the black bit... All in all not worth the money. The "Parker Chrome Trim Deluxe Converter" is slightly more expensive, but far better quality and better value!
on 3 October 2013
I bought this along with a new Parker pen, not realising that the pen came with a converter anyway.

I'm glad I bought this one, though. The one that came with the pen has a piston that is raised by a tab on the side of the cylinder but this one has a knob at the end. When you turn it, the ink is drawn up into the cylinder and is much more controllable.

It also has gold bands on it... sigh....
on 22 September 2017
Works as expected and holds a decent amount of ink.

Negative would be the twist action feels there's lots of friction and the plastic window should be made of clear instead of smoked plastic to make it easier to determine the ink level.

On the positive, the converter is easy to remove and attach securely to the pen for easy refill without making a mess.

Do note this is Parker specific and most likely won't fit pens by other manufacturers
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 5 November 2015
Very Good Product! I would recommend but the only problem is if you use about 1 cartridge a day, as it only holds about half a cartridge, but overall a very easy-to-use and strong product! After using, you can refill it very easily, by using the suction mechanism, and the ballbearing inside helps to prevent leaks which is very useful!
on 4 November 2012
This low-price device eliminates costly ink cartridges for my Parker fountain pen, and enables refills from bottled ink - it's even easier than the rubber sac used in antique fountain pens. Nicely made, no-mess refilling and a definite cost saving.
on 16 February 2016
Works well. A piece of paper hankie to wipe off -- and using it is easy. A cartridge lasts longer, and whatever is used doesn't show; but it is nice to know that this is as near to the old rubber tube and lever as is now possible. So, works well and feels right.
on 18 June 2015
I've now bought two of these and used them to replace different types of converter in older Parker pens. I use fountain pens regularly, and do not like the ink cartridge system. This twist-mechanism converter is easier to use than either the plunger type, or the style of fountain pen you have to fill by squeezing a rubber tube with a little metal bar or something of the sort. It's a modest little gadget, but it does what it is supposed to, and does it well. Fast delivery from this seller, too!