on 31 May 2012
I have never before commented on a computer game and in fact have not played that many.
However, I do have the Stronghold series and have always enjoyed Stronghold 2 in particular. I have read, with obvious interest, the many reviews of Stronghold 3 and therefore did not buy it last year.
This year there have been a number of patches and some of the comments were that it was much improved although there is still a lot of criticism.
Someone wrote that he felt this game was now on a par with ANNO 1404, my favorite game by a wide margin.
This comment prompted me to purchase Stronghold 3 on 15th May 2012.
Steam was not an issue, although I personally consider it to be a massive mistake, the problem is the game is so very bad.
For someone to compare this with the ANNO series is seriously misleading folks like me.
The graphics are awful, the landscapes are awful the game play is awful, the comic bits are awful, and is a shadow of the Stronghold 2 and Legends games.
Firefly have blown it completely, the launch was a disaster and whilst the patches have enabled one to sort of play it, with no skirmish mode there is no further game play after the campaigns have been played. Multiplayer is a no go as there is nobody to play!
My own impression is that, what staff are left at Firefly, are very amateurish indeed, as any professional outfit would never have put this on the market and taken money for it. I cannot blame Amazon, they allow comments that would normally allow one to make there own mind up.
3 people found this helpful
on 30 December 2011
I have to say being a Stronghold addict, this was quite a disappointment after waiting so long to get this one, its like Firefly have just threw a few things together just to get this out quick! theres not a lot of content in it compared to Stronghold 2 or Legends, it feels like a major letdown & I havent went back to it since playing it once - back to Stronghold 2 & Legends which are far better & content to keep you going for weeks :(
on 23 January 2016
Quick delivery..I'm happy thanks
on 17 February 2016
A very good game
on 21 March 2013
Can only give it 3 stars because its not much diffrent than the others and takes no real skill to complete it.
on 6 January 2014
NOT WHAT I ORDERED although it arrived on time

will load on pc but no picture

waste of money and time
very disappointed as game wil not work properly
on 15 April 2014
I think I was expecting a lot after stronghold 2, this is a good game just don't feel as good as the ones before it
|11 Comment|Report abuse