on 9 September 2013
I bought this vacuum cleaner to replace our aging Miele Cat and Dog cleaner. I had initially looked at replacing like for like, but I really didn't fancy the £200+ cost of the Miele and ended up buying this vacuum, and so far I'm not sorry that I did. I've had this cleaner about 3 months now, and it has lived up to my expectations, bearing in mind I bagged this on special offer from ASDA direct for under £70 a little under a third the cost of the Miele.

When you look at the build quality vs. the Miele, the plastics are clearly more flimsy but for the price I can't complain....if this cleaner lasts 3 or 4 years it would be about right as the Miele has `only' lasted about 11.

The overall reach of this vacuum is slightly less than I am used to, but all this means is half way through vacuuming downstairs I have to plug the cleaner into another socket, not that big an ordeal. The hose is a bit too short though compared to the Miele.

Plus points:
- I really wanted a bagless cylinder cleaner, and I haven't got a problem with the collecting bin, it is big enough for me. It is great not filling bags up all the time.

- The suction is good enough to pull the carpet off the gripper rods, but it doesn't pick up everything (see minus points)

- It is much lighter than the Miele to lug around, I also find that the vacuum `follows me' better than the Miele did, the Miele seemed to frequently crash into doors/furniture.

- It is less noisy than the Miele, although the poor old Miele was on its last legs

- It picks up our dogs (Tibetan Spaniel) long hairs absolutely fine

- I didn't think I would, but I prefer the tools storage in the handle rather than in the body of the vacuum like the Miele - they are always easily to hand when you need them. At the end of the day, the storage comes off the handle if you don't like it.

- 5 year guarantee - at the time of writing (September 2013) if you register online you get a free 5 year guarantee with this vacuum.

Minus points
- I really miss having an upholstery brush - I've just got around to ordering a generic one as I just can't live without one

- It just will not pick up `sock fluff' and some other random bits and pieces despite the suction being very good. I've tried with both the ordinary attachment and the pet hair turbo brush.

- The plastics are a bit flimsy, but as already stated, this cleaner is built to a budget

- The extension hose is a tad too short for my liking, but not prohibitively so

Overall I've given this vacuum 4 out of 5 stars as I think it is a real bargain and does pretty much everything I ask of it, at a price I wanted to pay.
on 3 December 2012
Bought this as a sub for my Merle Cat and Dog- should have known better but was trying to save some money after my cat and dog only lasted 2 years then the filter started to play up, previously had the bigger version which was excellent though expensive dust bags and filters put me off getting another. So I thought I am fed up buying Expensive vacuums I would try a cheaper one and if it only lasts a year well ok its not cost that much and as this had positive reviews I thought I would give it a try. All I can say is those reviewers must have none shedding pets as this does not pick up pet hair, I repeat if you want a cleaner to pick up pet fluff then don't waste your money on this.-------------- I made a huge which has proved an expensive mistake as this cleaner is useless.
Fed up with the house feeling dirty as this hardly picks up anything and lost suction and I have only had it a MONTH. I went yesterday to our local Currys and bought a Dyson which cost me nearly £200 but I am sure it will do the job it says it does on the box not like this piece of junk.
on 17 March 2013
Previously had an upright cleaner in a well known brand but I didn't really think it was that good. The Morphy Richards however is light, compact and very manoeuvrable. The main cleaning heads are solid and the suction is excellent. I certainly like this product.
on 5 October 2015
Good value cleaner. It came with a good warranty which was used twice! Once to replace the large brush-head that came apart then finally the whole cleaner was replaced when the motor stopped working.
on 30 June 2013
100 eur for this equipment is a no-brainer!

It cleans everything pretty damn easily.
The way we can throw the dust into the bin blows my mind.

Totally recommended product
on 9 June 2014
It most certainly does.And as others have stated it seems impossible to get it back.And you have to drag the rubbish out with your hand..luvverly. Yep this product sucks so don't waste your money.
on 29 November 2012
Really happy with this hoover. Quiet and powerful enough to give a good clean. I have cats and the hoover copes very well with fur etc. Would recommend this and the price is very agreeable too.
on 26 September 2014
This is a crowded market. We have found this product excellent but there may be cheaper versions that are as good.

It is light to use and easy to clean. Flex could be a bit longer.
on 30 May 2012
What a great vacuum cleaner. Nice and compact but great suction, and with the turbo head it's even better. If you want a cleaner but don't want to spend too much , buy this with confidence. 5*
on 16 February 2013
I don't have to buy bags separately, The suction is very effective and it is effortless to use this device. I found it a lot cheaper comparatively. Certaily would recommend it to everybody.