on 27 October 2015
Although I contribute extensively to other social media, I have never before written a book review on Amazon. This book made me cringe as I was reading it, however, so I felt compelled to write this. I enjoy cruising so, based on previous reviews and recommendations on cruise forums, I bought this book. Quite frankly it is one of the most poorly written and edited books I have ever read, so much so that it completely detracted from any enjoyment of the book I might have had. Before this author publishes another book, I hope he and his editor learn how to set out and punctuate the written word.
on 26 August 2013
Bought this on a complete whim as I'd just read the Imogen-Jones "confidential" books and it came up on a linked search.

I really enjoyed his style of writing and story telling - so much so that I ordered the other two in the series that he'd written. Fascinating insight into the inner workers of cruises (not that I've ever been on one or that it is an interest of mine) and you do get involved with the characters and development of the author's career.

Some photos would have been good to be able to visualise the different people/places/ships and I'm not sure how his writing would translate into other topics i.e. he obviously had a really interesting period in his life but if he goes on to write other books, will he have sufficient enough material to make those as interesting?

I would definitely recommend these books.
on 29 September 2015
There may well be nothing wrong with this book, but the morons who allowed it to be published to Kindle didn't trouble to read it. Every apostrophe has a space before and after it, making it too much trouble to read. What a cheek to charge money for this poorly-produced rubbish
on 15 May 2014
Bought this book as a gift and, having read the authors other books, the recipient immediately seemed very happy with it. Once read, he confirmed it was as enjoyable as he thought it would be, but not quite as good as the earlier ones.
on 21 March 2014
Love Brians writing style, fascinating to read of the life that goes on "backstage" that guests know nothing about , recommended!
on 2 November 2015