on 16 June 2017
Product as expected
on 30 May 2011
After reading 'Siege of Titan' I was very much looking forward to the sequel 'Tears of Kerberos'. The story continues to follow the adventures of Spartan, an ex-pit fighter turned Marine who has become a sergeant in the Confederate Marine Corps and is in the thick of a fierce battle on Prime. We also follow a character called Teresa who is sent on a secret mission to gain information the enemy leadership. The action and pace from the first book continues as we are plunged further into Spartans world and we learn more about what he is fighting and the threat against the worlds in his system. Can't wait to find out what happens next!
on 10 August 2011
This novel carries the action elements of the first book into a deeper and darker story line. I guess the path the series is taking mirrors the main character's journey, with naivety giving way to complexity.

The action scenes are great. I can't get enough of the Marine's power armour and the enemy takes on a more foreboding demeanor. The universe has expanded and developed in terms of politics and lifestyles and the whole reading experience is much richer than in the first novel. The number of characters has diminished and the remnants have been built upon to give stable characters with some depth. The Starship Troopers feel of the first novel isn't present here.

There are very few typographical errors, which is admirable for an Indie production and the quality of writing is good. The pace and language follows the story line and isn't too elaborate in the less action packed scenes, which prevents the book from being bogged down.

The cliff hanger at the end of this book is huge and I'm looking forward to the next installment. In fact I could present the cliff hanger as my only criticism of this book in that it's not a complete piece of work. It does end rather abruptly and isn't really a book in its own right and is more of a part one.
on 19 January 2012
After reading the first in this series I had to know what happened next to Spartan and Teresa! Although the main story follows Spartan and his quest to help the Confederacy retake the colonies where the Biotechs have taken over, Teresa plays a strong role and even though the pair are split you have to keep reading to make sure they meet up again. Spartan is quickly shooting up the ranks and is helping make new squads with bigger and better armour than before.
Their squad get dropped in the middle of the battle in New Carlos and Spartan has to prove his worth.
A brilliantly fast paced, well written second book.

Kirstyanne Ross
author of Old Magick
on 24 May 2013
The books are not strenuous on the mind but then you don't want them to be. They are boys own adventures in space. The characters have no great depth to them but the story line has a reasonable pace and keeps you interested. The hero, Spartan, is a pit fighter force to choose the military over prison and the rest is action man. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed them but they are fast food literature - and we all need a little junk food every now and then. Recommended.
on 7 August 2011
This is a really dark book compared to the first one and both pushes the story and the world along but also throws our hero into some difficult decisions. His group of marines are getting the toughest jobs now and he ends up split from Teresa. Needless to say it ends on the mother of a cliffhanger that pretty much requires you to go out and buy book 3 immediately!!!!
on 21 August 2011
This is a great second book in the series. I found this a lot meatier than the first book, which centered mainly around Spartan's Marine training, far more action and intrigue and ended on a cliff hanger. Already bought Book Three - and the romantic in me is hoping for more to develop between Spartan and Teresa, but that might just be me!
on 19 November 2011
I read the first three SC books in one week and I have to say I'm sat waiting for the next two. This particular story expands the scope of the story...big time. We get massive amounts of land combat on Prime as well as lots of new characters. This makes the first book almost like a pilot episode. Great story and very much recommended.
on 22 January 2013
After reading the first book in this series I was really looking forward to the second instalment and it didn't disappoint. However, it is packed full of typos, grammatical errors and even the odd continuity error. So, to sum up, the author done a fantastic job but the proof reader needs to be fired.
on 19 July 2011
I recently read the first book in this series and enjoyed it so much that I decided to read the sequel. Tears of Kerberos is a very good book. I would recommend it anyone who enjoys science fiction. The action sequences are first rate. I'm looking forward to reading more books by this author.