on 30 December 2011
This came very quickly,the colour is really nice.Only one small moan is that the headphones are a bit cheep but you can plug your own pair in as it is a cheep product anyway.Also sometimes it wants to play music that I have not put on there but I am still learning to play around with it at the moment.Very good value for money and my children tend to use it more then other top brands they have at home because it is so lightweight and not expensive your not going to loose a lot of money if it gets lost which is good as children are very good at loosing things.
11 Comment| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 6 June 2013
Got an older version of these from another retailer, that screen had poor quality and the songs stacked during playback if the bitrate exceeded 320. Eventually the headphone port snapped so I needed a replacement.
So, I got this. Seems to be working perfectly. Radio is fantastic, managing to pick up some of my favourite unlicensed channels. The mp3 playback is clear, the bass is great (using different earbuds). The equalizer is powerful, and by far Rock is the best to use. After reading some other reviews I had a slight doubt about the product, but don't let the other reviews put you off. The unit is about the size of an iPod Shuffle, although a bit longer. The mp3's metal casing acts as a radio antenna, so if the channel you are listening to seems to be crackly, putting your hand(or a long metal object) within close proximity can fix that.
File transfer is easy and fast, got all 2.5gb of my previous library straight onto this mp3. Warning: this doesn't use iTunes, this uses the good old drag-n-drop. Additionally, this mp3 has a filesystem (alike the older version) which helps when you have several songs separated into folders.
Overall I recommend this product and its a great buy if you need something cheap and snappy to listen to music on.
on 4 January 2013
cheap to buy well made does exactly what it suppose to do only advice is to buy a decent set of headphones other than that perfect and easy to use we are well pleased with this product fast delivery well packed etc well done recommend this product.
on 1 April 2013
Don't let the price put you off - it's a fantastic wee player - great sound and sound quality. No instructions to use it, but you have to fairly brain dead if you can't use this. It also a card slot so you can have more music.

I'd also get your own headphones - the ones it comes with aren't that good
on 14 February 2013
Its small, amazing price and it works well the colour means its easily found in the car footwell more words?
on 21 June 2013
This Mp3 player only lasted me 2 months then stopped working, was good initially, albeit a bit finicky to use. I also had problems after a while trying to charge the battery, it kept reading as though I wanted to check what was on the files instead of just plain charging it. Would not buy this product and I would invest £20-30 more on a different Mp3 player, or if you want something cheap and cheerful for 3 months then this one is for you. I`m awaiting a refund now, its been about a 1 month wait for the refund and I am awaiting postage refund as I was charged to send back a faulty item, which was not happy about!
on 9 May 2013
This seemed to be what i was looking for.
Delivery was on time.
Worked well on first charge, apart from in bright sun light, not able to see writing on screen.
On next charge it started up with welcombe & turned off, unable to get it to hold a charge again.
Waiting for Atlantic to get back to me, as what to do next
Looking at further reviews I would not have touched this with a barge pole!
on 19 June 2013
Got one of these for my mother, the battery failed whilst I was running through the music I had just loaded on to it, so I did not even get to give it to her.

The old saying you get what you pay for is apt for this, don't waste your money this really is cheap and nasty. I am amazed other people review it so highly, yes it is lees that £5 but £5 for a piece of garbage is still £5 wasted.

Postage back was more than cost of unit so I did not bother. I replaced it with the lowest level scandisk MP3. Yes admittedly four time the price but nearly a year on and it is still going strong and has loads more features and much better sound quality, not that I had a great deal of time to sample the Blue MP3 USB Atlantic.

A Scandisk £24 and it will still be working 12 months from the time of purchase, which only a lucky few can say of this piece of cheap junk.
on 19 July 2013
i bought this to use whilst exercising on a cross trainer, and after reading some reviews I wasn't really sure if it would be any good, but it is brilliant, its light yet robust and really easy to use, in fact my 6 year old daughter took to it that much that I ended up ordering her one in pink! don't be put off by some of the reviews these really are a bargain for the money, Its really easy to drop music on it off a laptop, I haven't used the earphones that came with it as I already had some decent ones so cant comment on those, sound quality is very good, better than I eapected.
on 6 September 2013
Working in the audio industry, I need a small player that will give me tracks on demand that I can play through sound systems. Simple. For hi fidelity playback, of course I use WAVs but I more often need full band music tracks for setup and interval. Being of a certain age, I was looking around for a new CD ‘Walkman’. Why? I hear you ask. Well my phone is one of the old bullet-proof Nokias and it doesn't have audio or camera.
My tablet has everything but in a live situation, often all-day events, you have to keep your eye on it so it doesn't go walkies and it’s a pain.
So, I couldn't find a CD player but kept seeing MP3 players. This one looked about the best of the bunch at the kind of price where if it gets nicked it doesn’t matter.
There aren’t many specs available and I got the impression, from the pictures, that it was about three or four inches in size with what looked like about an inch wide screen. With radio, and 4GB of MP3 I bought it.
I got a call from our receptionist saying there was a package for me. Great – the player. When she gave me a tiny weeny bubble pack I couldn’t figure out what it was. I had nothing on order that small.
Imagine my surprise when it turned out, indeed, to be the player! It is miniscule. Not much over an inch. Obviously, the screen is tiny.
But oh boy, does it perform! Plugging in decent headphones (I didn’t try the supplied ear-buds), this tiny little gem looks absolutely daft, dangling on the end of the cable. I whacked a bit of Santana on it via the supplied USB lead and showed the lads in the office. All hard-bitten audio pros, they are all much more up to date with today’s technology than me, the old man, but even they were impressed.
The thing is, there’s no reason to be surprised or overly impressed. Miniaturisation is every-day stuff. 20Hz-20kHz audio is standard. It’s just that getting full range sound banging out of something that looks like it came out of a Christmas cracker, throws you a bit.
Jacked it into a mixer through a PA. Again, everyone was enamoured by the cuteness of it. Leave it dangling on a lead, down the back of the mixer and no one even knows it’s there to nick! Beauty. And it can take the rough and tumble. Metal case and practically weightless, dropping it is like dropping an armoured cotton wool ball.
I see reviews that comment on the lack of instructions. Yep. You have to be a little familiar with up/down left/right button menus. A bit of playing around – you can’t break it – will get most folks loading and playing music. And that tiny screen? Just the job. Small but clear. Nice blue backlight with brightness and contrast adjustment. If you can’t read it with your current specs then please don’t drive either.
Connected to a computer, it has a proper grown-up file system. To all intents, you are dealing with a 4GB USB drive. It’s just that when you look at it dangling there like a kiddie’s toy, you have to grin.
The wife loved it. I got her a pink one.
Oh and it plugs straight into the Aux input in the car :-)
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse