Colour: Blue|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My old Phillips iron was still working but the difference this iron has made has been very marked and it's less expensive than my old one was years ago.

Pros

- The ultraglide surface on the iron cuts down on the number of times you actually have to run the iron over the cloth
- The iron is light which means that your wrist doesn't ache when you have a lot to iron
- The cord has a good design which keeps out of the way when you're ironing
- It's anti-scale which is very important in hard water areas
- The extra steam shot is helpful with difficult creases

Cons

- The instruction leaflet is not that helpful...just pics and I ended up going to the website for more info
- It's a good weight for me but I know some prefer a heavy iron
11 Comment| 112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 June 2016
I love the self-switch off feature on this which is why I bought it but, although it's okay for light duty ironing, it does dribble water a bit and hasn't really got the "Ummph" for heavier cottons.

Might suit a student who only wants to iron the occasional item for a special occasion but might be prone to forgetting to uplug.
on 7 November 2013
Excellent in all respects. However I bought it because it offered self cleaning. The instructions want me to actively clean it every month which is more than I did with my old iron. You are involved in the so called self cleaning. I might well have bought another which had better button clearance. Though I have not found buttons a problem with this iron.
on 2 April 2017
Does what it says on the packet
on 3 August 2013
We bought this iron around the start of the year, with high hopes of it being better than our previous Russell Hobbs which had never worked properly from day one. It got off to a great start, looked nice, seemed to do a great job. The only real issue was the fact it doesn't hold much water, so you tend to find yourself having to constantly stop to fill it up! That and the fact that the power cord constantly curls and twists up, I've never known an iron do it quite so much! Every time you come to you use it you have to straight out the cable!

About a month ago it stopped delivering very much steam, no matter what combination of settings the only way of getting a good dose of steam was pushing the button for a burst of steam. Then last week water starting leaking, but not where you might think, it was coming from out of the handle, where the two buttons for steam burst and spray are. I was then fearing possible electrocution, so I arranged a return and now have Phillips!
33 Comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 24 October 2011
Colour: Blue|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a great iron. It's light but performs like a much heavier iron. It heats up fast and the temperature is easily controllable. I'm not sure what 'ultraglide' actually means but it is certainly very smooth in operation. The well designed base makes the iron very stable when you rest it on its end and the cable system manages to keep the cord out of the way when working. What more can I say? It does its job extremely well.
on 26 April 2012
I wanted to know a few things about a steam iron before I purchased one. Firstly has it got a long enough flex? all my socket outlets seem to be in the wrong place so this was my number one requirement. Secondly it had to have a sole plate that did not clog or stain. Thirdly it had to be lightweight and easy to fill. This little beauty does all this. Now I ll never be a true fan of ironing but this iron makes it bearable, so easy to use ,positively glides over clothes, easy to store. Buy one.
on 8 September 2011
As our old Tefal Iron finally gave up the ghost, we were looking for one of the same brand & similar spec to replace it. Having researched the Tefal site & read several independent reviews, we settled on this model, and of course Amazon had the best price on offer. Great product, great service as always, need I say more?
on 26 October 2011
Excellant. Good product especialy in hard water area as you can flush out the limescale. Makes ironing a pleasure. Well as much as ironing can be a pleasure!
on 21 November 2011
I was looking for an steam iron which is easy to use and smooth on clothes, after doing some research I came across Tefal Ultraglide, I would say it's a great iron which glides very smooth on clothes, you'll hardly need to put any force on it to press your clothes. It steams very nicely and doesn't drip any water drops, also it's wire is very nicely designed and doesn't come in the way while you are ironing and the auto off feature is an extra bonus.

I'll highly recommend this iron.